Ghosts

joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 27. Nov 2009, 15:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
We were all talking about ghostly happenings the other day weren't we?

Well, just a few minutes ago, just as I was about to sit at the computer, I thought I heard the back door opening. It does it sometimes and my OH and I say 'Hello George'. because that is what we call this 'ghost' in our house. (Probably just a badly fitted door maybe)
This time though, when I went to shut it. It was still shut. Firmly closed. So I went to the other doors thinking maybe it was one of them. They were all shut too. We tend to keep them shut so that when we go and sit down in the lounge at night, it's nice and warm, even with the heating off.

So folks, what do you think. A Happening? It was definitly and door opening. I'm on my own too.

joy

Comments

• rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    No such thing, imagination plays lots of tricks. But, I'm afraid when you're gone you're gone.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Joy,

I am always quick to think its 'George's' lot here........ I hear lots of stuff, the most weird being a coach and 4 up on the lane :shock: :lol: I always just go with the flow now a days. Its possibly just a door next door your hearing or maybe your ears are playing tricks? Its quite fascinating though, as long as your not scared I guess. I just hate the very cold that sometimes comes with 'them', specially this time of year :wink: How are you by the way? Cris x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    hi joy
    we had a door that always opened in a draft and my mum always said "come in George" too. :lol:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    rondetto wrote:
    No such thing, imagination plays lots of tricks. But, I'm afraid when you're gone you're gone.

in reality I would agree but after living in a very old house for 18 years I'm not so sure these day's I saw a few things that can't be put down to wind or ia trickof the mind, saying that though the odd noise or seeing something odd out the corner of your eye can,

Get this the other day I was lying in bed half asleep and I definetly saw the other half walk in and put a cup of T down by the alarm clock, it was clear as day, a few minutes later I sat up to drink it and it wasn't there!, when I asked her where it had gone to she said she hadn't made one yet!:shock: :shock: :shock:
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    think that was just wishful thinking mellman !!!! i often think hubby has bought me up a cuppa...ha....fat chance!!!!
    as for "other side" stuff, i believe, :D love Sally.xxx
  • joyful164
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Joy,

I am always quick to think its 'George's' lot here........ I hear lots of stuff, the most weird being a coach and 4 up on the lane :shock: :lol: I always just go with the flow now a days. Its possibly just a door next door your hearing or maybe your ears are playing tricks? Its quite fascinating though, as long as your not scared I guess. I just hate the very cold that sometimes comes with 'them', specially this time of year :wink: How are you by the way? Cris x

Hi
    I'm feeling fine really. A bit of back and neck, a bit of a dizzy and headachy feeling. No. I'm fine. just going to have a lie down I think.
    Hope you are ok see you soon. lots of hugs to you
    joy
  • joyful164
    When hubby came back from his trip to the dentist, I told him and he said that probably it wasn't quite closed and just clicked shut, making it sound as though it was opening. There are so many drafts at the moment.

I sometimes feel that my Mum is near me, sitting near me. Imagination isstrong I think

joy
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    mellman01 wrote:
    rondetto wrote:
    Get this the other day I was lying in bed half asleep and I definetly saw the other half walk in and put a cup of T down by the alarm clock, it was clear as day, a few minutes later I sat up to drink it and it wasn't there!, when I asked her where it had gone to she said she hadn't made one yet!:shock: :shock: :shock:

Years ago I worked with an elderly gentlemen who always wore a trilby outside. Whenever he saw a female aquaintance he would always raise it whilst saying hello. Very gentlemanly :)
    Walking into work one morning, he was approaching from the opposite direction but smiled and raised the trilby in greeting. I carried on ahead of him into the building, going immediately to my desk.......... and was completely shocked to see him sitting working away at his desk just behind :shock:

Not a ghost of course, but believe this is something called a 'doppleganger'.....