Thank you, everyone

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 30. Nov 2009, 06:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for all your very kind birthday wishes yesterday. I was totally overwhelmed by them all, and it made me shed some tears of happiness to know that I have so many friends on this forum.

I had a super birthday, maybe one of the very best I can remember, and I was treated like royalty all day. I was even given a private view of an art exhibition :!: It is a new exhibition which is being put on , and the works are on loan from the Tate and the Haywood galleries in London. It hadn't opened yet, but I was being nosy and peeping in the door, when a nice man came out and I started talking to him. I told him that I am interested in art, and that it was my birthday. When he heard that he invited us in to look round and gave us a private view, so I was very honoured :!: :D He also wished me a happy birthday. I don't know who he was, but he must have had the authority to allow us in because there were very valuable works of art on display. He might be someone high up in the art world for all I know.

Later, I was taken out for a meal at a fabulous Italian restaurant, and this time, I had no reason to have a row with anyone, not even my husband!!!!

Thanks again

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Joan.
    I'm pleased to hear you had a lovely birthday.
    and you were allowed to look around that lovely place. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Good to hear you had a great time, and it's also good you went for an Italian meal as it's one of my favourites!. So did you order steak again??, :wink: :shock:
  • joanlawson
    mellman01 wrote:
    Good to hear you had a great time, and it's also good you went for an Italian meal as it's one of my favourites!. So did you order steak again??, :wink: :shock:

No, not steak this time :!: :roll: I had smoked salmon to start with , followed by duck with a plum jus and fresh vegetables, then Tiramasu, and coffee. I also got through rather a lot of wine :!: :!: The whole meal was top class, and everything served to perfection, so it was brilliant :!: ( and expensive, but I'm worth it, don't you think :?: )
  • joanlawson
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

No, not steak this time :!: :roll: I had smoked salmon to start with , followed by duck with a plum jus and fresh vegetables, then Tiramasu, and coffee. I also got through rather a lot of wine :!: :!: The whole meal was top class, and everything served to perfection, so it was brilliant :!: ( and expensive, but I'm worth it, don't you think :?: )
    Without a doubt Joan, I am not so keen on salmon although I do serve at Xmas lunch for a starter, I am rather partial to duck though.. and very partial to wine, not bothered about the price as long as it is wet!
    Good to hear you had a great Birthday Joan

Thank you kindly, sweet sir :!: The duck was perfect, just pink in the middle, and very tender, a bit like me :!:
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Belated birthday wishes to you - hope you had a great day!!

Pheebs x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Glad you had a good one, Joan. Here's to a better year for you!

Annie
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    pheebs wrote:
    Belated birthday wishes to you - hope you had a great day!!

Pheebs x

same here sorry i missed it.
  • joanlawson
    Thank you Pheebs, Annie and Page
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 28. Nov 2009, 16:29
    Belated birthday wishes.
    h100.gif

Just like you, except I already have an invite to a private view at the New Art Gallery Walsall, so I don't have too far to go. One for artists and friends.
    b015.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    Belated birthday wishes.
    h100.gif

Just like you, I have an invite to a private view at the New Art Gallery Walsall, so I don't have too far to go. One for artists and friends.
    b015.gif

Joseph 8)

Thank you, Joseph. that is very kind of you.

I haven't been to the Walsall Art Gallery, and keep meaning to go there. I love looking round art galleries, and Walsall isn't far from me either. How nice to go to a private view. I hope you will enjoy it.

My private view was an total surprise, and I felt very honoured to be allowed round while they were still in the process of installing the works of art. It was at the Quad in Derby, so not far away from you. I would love to know who the man was who was so kind to me.

Joan
  • livinglegend
    joanlawson wrote:

I haven't been to the Walsall Art Gallery, and keep meaning to go there. I love looking round art galleries, and Walsall isn't far from me either. How nice to go to a private view. I hope you will enjoy it.

But lucky me, I have an invite as I have a painting on display in a major exhibition there from 4th Dec. That is why my postings suddenly slowed about a month ago. Submission for inclusion.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Wonderful Joan!Glad to hear you had such a super day!
    :D

A x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Joan

Glad all is well.

Also that you had a nice day and enjoyed yourself.

Now, who's Birthday's birthday is next????

Good idea about that a Birthday Thread. :)

Trisher xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson wrote:

But lucky me, I have an invite as I have a painting on display in a major exhibition there from 4th Dec. That is why my postings suddenly slowed about a month ago. Submission for inclusion.

Joseph 8)

Wow, Joseph :!: Now I am REALLY impressed. I didn't know you were an artist as well as all your other talents :!: Now I will definitely come to Walsall

Joan
  • livinglegend
    joanlawson wrote:
    Wow, Joseph :!: Now I am REALLY impressed. I didn't know you were an artist as well as all your other talents :!: Now I will definitely come to Walsall
    Joan

Walsall Society of Artists, 60th Exhibition which is on from 4th Dec 09 to 10th January 10 on the top floor. Luckily, its free and they have lifts.
    b015.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    Hi Joseph

I will be there, most definitely. Thank you for the information.

Joan
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Well done Joseph,
    Now I love art but dont rate myself as very good. I did go to art college but ended up in one of those dreary office jobs.
    I wish I could see all your art(without having to travel to Walsall).

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein