Sharp pain in new hip ??

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 3. Dec 2009, 12:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Just wondering if anyone who has had a THR has had this. Today my replaced hip feels a bit odd and I have been getting a real sharp pain in the joint every now and then. The pain is really sharp, and takes my breath away. It doesn`t last long but my joint still feels wierd.
Any ideas??
NB

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, Sorry to hear that you've got pain. I think, unless its compleatly gone tomorrow you should see either your GP or ring the surgeons sec at the hospital. Better safe than sorry! :wink:

I hope all goes well for you. Love Sue
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Sue
    Hope you are ok x
    I am due to see the physio at hydro tomorrow morning, so I will ask her advice. If it continues i will definately speak to a doc. just wondered if anyone else had had this.
    NB
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Nearly,

I hope when you see her tomorrow she will say its nothing to worry about but am glad it will be tomorrow you are seen by someone. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. Luv Cris x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi there
    I am having this at the moment, I had my THR in July.Mine started with lifting a heavy object.When I rest my legs it gets better but this weekend I have had to do everything( the OH is a lazy...)and on saturday the pain(and also my left foot) kept me awake at first and I have had it through Sunday and today.
    I can feel a sensation in my thigh and have done for a few weeks. It feels like a deep bruise and I am aware of my false joint if you know what I mean. There is some tingling but I have only had the sharp pain once.Mostly it is a dull sensation.
    I did ask my consultant about it but she didnt seem to take it in as she was concerned about my painful foot and my increased inflammation showing on my blood results.
    People on the forum advised me to contact my surgeon via his secretary which I think I will do at the end of the week as it has been going on for a long time now.But have other pressing concerns for the moment.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • nearlybionic
    Hi elizabeth
    Sorry to hear you are having probs. I asked my physio about the pain etc and she said she wasn`t sure what it could be, but didn`t think it would dislocate :shock: (I flippin hope not!)
    I asked someone on another forum, and the nurse advisor there said it sounds like the cup was loose! :cry: I am worried as the wierd feeling is still there and my pelvis is sore too.
    I am really busy at work this week and don`t think I will be able to get a Dr`s appointment. I am waiting for a date to see my consultant about my other hip (not same one who did my THR), so not sure if I wait to see him. I am scared. I don`t want to have more surgery on this hip, so if I don`t tell anyone, then they can`t give me any bad news! I will see how things are tomorrow.
    NB
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I don't know much about this kind of thing, but not saying anything won't make it go away, as I know you know! If the problem is delt with quickly, I would have thought that it may well be a much smaller job, it may not even involve surgery, whilst if you carry on walking on it and so on, you may run the risk of damaging it further! :? I know its not what you want to hear and I can really, really sympathise with you, but in the end....You have to get some really good advise and help in order to keep going. You never know, it may turn out to be something simple that can be put right with the right exercises. :wink:
    Good luck, hope all goes well, love Suexxx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hi bionic ? elizabeth

I have just read your message re your new hip. How worrying for you, just when you were hoping if would all be over and you could start getting your life sorted again. Not good when you don't get the support either. Wish there was something I could do. I could probably sort the OH out but I don't think I could sort the hip.
    I would ring the surgeons secretary and get it sorted forthwith through her. are you allowed to do that? You must be still in post op period.
    I'll pray that you are sorted so that you can enjoy Christmas anyway.
    All the best.
    joy
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Sorry If I have nicked your post Bionic. I am not worrying about it as have lived with pain for ten years, more pain is nothing new. However I suppose I should check it out now you have mentioned cup slipping.
    I am also used to doing everything.But at least I can do it nowadays rather than struggling to cope with all the work whilst in awful pain.
    Thanks for your support everyone
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    I think you should both contact the surgeon via his secretary and find out whats going on. Not that I know anything about this YET...Feb my first one will be done then you might find me on asking for advice
    Keep us informed as to what happens.
    Hileena