AAArrggghhhhhhhhh!!!

tillytot41
tillytot41 Member Posts: 48
edited 30. Nov 2009, 15:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone.Been for my first counselling appt this morning and the receptionist didnt sign me in and i was sitting there for half an hour in nasty pain i couldnt even face getting up and standing in the queue to ask what was going on but eventually i had to.Only got about 20 mins with her but it was a start i suppose.She suggested booking onto an assertiveness course which starts in january so hopefully i will be well enough to cope with it,could be really good in helping to cope with wheelchair rage which i encountered yesterday!!!
My hands and feet are awful today,walking the dogs was very hard and i looked like a michellin man with all my layers on but hey who cares if it stops the cold getting to me.Has anyone got any hand warmers?I think they would be very useful for when im walking the pooches.
Yesterday i felt dizzy all day,is that a part of rheumatoid?When i try and walk anywhere it gets pretty bad but yesterday was awful even lying down i felt dizzy:( I can ask all this at rheumy appt tomorrow i just cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ali xxxx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Ali,

Sorry your having problems t the mo. I think you need to get the dizziness checked out really. It could be so many things and it would be best to be seen.

I got some old feet warmers, and legs warmers but I haven't got the hand warmers as yet. The leg ones really do help but I don't know if you can still get this kind cus they are a lighted bit of charcoal in a little box that you put in your pocket. They help me. I use to have some of those microwave beanbag slippers, they were brilliant but sadly I have a very destructive dog :shock: At least I wasn't wearing them at the time :wink: Its horrible to always be cold isn't it? I was looking at those heated jackets and am sort of hoping I might get one this Christmas. If I do I shall keep it well out of said dogs way :wink: I hope you find something to help you. Take care Cris
  • tillytot41
    Chris,what breed of dog do u have?Ive got a destructo dog too she is a ten month old whippet cross called Bambi and if its furry looking and cute she'll have it!!!Ive got a very handy porridge sock(home made heat bag really)she has had her beady eyes on it for ages then i left it on the bed one day and hey presto i literally had breakfast in bed!!!Porridge flakes everywhere.Ive also got an 8 year old patterdale terrier coss and a 2 year old one eyed pug but they arent destructive.Ive even bought one of those dap air diffusers that are suppossed to calm dogs but im not quite sure about it yet,i went out today and left them and she didnt chew anything but last week i went out and she had a few pens!!!
    Dogs eh but we love em!!
    Ali xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, Your doggy stories have made me feel much better, I been laughing at the things they get up to. I'd love a dog, but we have 5 cats and I don't think it would work. I worked with a girl, ages ago, who had some special glasses made for using the computer, she went out one night and the dog got bored and chewed them to bits, she brought them in to see if the optition could do anything, but they were way beyond mending! :lol:

My cats don't chew things, but they do come in from the garden with wet, muddy feet, and find some nice warm ironing to sit on and get the mud out of their paws! :wink::lol: Love Sue
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Tillytot.
    i hope you get your pain sorted out soon.
    what i do if my dogs to lively before going out i roll a ball a long are passage and he brings it back
    i do it 12 times then he's calmed down.
    we have long haired dachshunds.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Ali,

Dose the porrage in a sock work? Wow if it does I shall make some tonight...... If he gets them he will at least clean up him self :wink::lol::lol: (he is a springer cross collie and it took me a year to actually like worse, he is the most difficult to live with dog I have ever met :lol::lol: ) He earned the name slipper boy cus he particularly likes killing slippers :wink: Anyway thanks for the idea about porrage sock, they sound like a good idea. Take care Cris x
  • tillytot41
    Cris the porridge socks are great and you can have some fab designs lolol.You can use rice as well and they fold nicely into all our nooks and crannys round the ankles,elbows etc.Just dont let your dog see them otherwise its curtains!!!
    Sue ive got so many stories about my beloved dogs but would end up boring you all but they do something to make me laugh every day and thats got to be the best medicine for sure.I will share more again lol.
    Ali xxx