UPDATE ON MY HUBBY - TRISHER

trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 2. Dec 2009, 13:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
I went to the hospital to see hubby as usual. As I got to the ward the doctor asked to speak to me. I had this said to me many times over the last few months.

As I made my way, I got a lump in my throat, then my heart started to beat faster.

When I got into the office I was just waiting to be told there was another problem. The doctor started to speak, I could not hear him at first. He repeated what he had said to me "How would you like your husband to come home"

I could not believe what he said then it sank in. At first I cried (many tears) then when he smiled I hugged him (Not too much) then I kissed him (only a peck(well I am a married woman !!!!

This journey began when I had come out of hospital after surgery hours later that day my husband was rushed into hospital. The Paramedics worked on him and took him to hospital.

In all the confusion, I was left at home, nobody knew I was there and could not get out. I did not know what to do. I turned my computer on, I don't know why I did that.

I saw that Lynn (Collywobble) had left some messages asking how my op went. I told Lynn what had happend and how I was desperate to get to see my hubby as I knew how his life hung by a thread. I was stuck at home, no one new I was there.She said she would do a Thread, I said no, as I knew you all had problems.

Lynn did the Thread Thank You so much Lynn.

Now I come to you PEEP's, Lots of you were posting ideas as to who might take me to the hospital . Every answer that came in I made a list, and rung around but most were closed .
Eventually after 11 long hours my son arrived from abroard and took me to the hospital.

I want to THANK YOU ALL of you who posted ways for me to try.

I knew things were very bad. At night, I was so afraid to go to sleep, in case I was needed at the hospital. Some of you would stay up a bit and talk to me, others logged on in the night just to see if I was awake and needing company. I THANK YOU. You still do that now. Another would plump up my pillows and turn down the bed, get me a hot drink. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
Some else wanted to drive down to London just to take me Christmas shopping, THank you also.

Other people would ask how hubby was, they have not forgotten everyday since then.

I will never forget all the kindness shown to me. All the friends I have made on here. If I can ever help you just ask.

I now thank the MODs for running the Forums on here, because without this Forums, I would never have know Lynn and would not have told anyone about the situation I was in. Thank You for helping to throw a lifeline for people in my situation.

love Trisher xxx

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Trish, what a lovely posting!

I bet you think Christmas has come early. It is so nice that your hubby will be home with you. I am so happy for you both.

We all will always be here when you need us, the same as you have been there for us in out times of need. Dispite all that was going on in your life, you have helped many of us, me included.

Big hugs to you ((((()))))

Carol X
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Wonderful news, super-duper, YEEHAR! Whoop-de-do!!..........It makes me feel good, Trish, I hope it's a better month coming for you both.

Lotsa love n' hugs
    Annie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Aw Trisher, how happy you must be and the relief absolutely humungus. Phew! I am so happy to hear your wonderful news. You are one brave lady and deserve the very best after all you have been through.

You know we are always here for each other which is a very comforting feeling isn't it?

Have a really happy day today with hubby.

Love to you both
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    hello trisher,
    hooray!
    this is the best news ever. i'm so glad that your husband is coming home, the best early christmas present ever for you both!
    i really hope you both have a great time catching up and being together at home again.
    i'd shout yay, but i've been up since about 5.30am because my littlest one is poorly and i don't think she'd appreciate me shouting lol!
    but i'm so pleased for you both.
    take care and enjoy!
    and hooray again!
    sue x
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Thats wonderful news Trisher.......

Brought a tear to my eyes............well many tears..

Luv and hugs...........Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I didnt know your story before but I guessed lots of difficult things were happening and I was aware your husband was in hospital. You must have felt desperate for those 11 hours.Did your son come home from abroard especially.....he must have felt desperate too.
    I am so pleased he is well enough to come home.You are wanting to go home too arent you?Will you be able to do this now?Again I am not completely sure of your situation and hope I am not asking too many questions!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Dear Trisher

I am so pleased and excited for you. What wonderful news :!: :!: It is the news you, and all of us too, have been waiting to hear. I do hope you will soon be back home together. You have endured such a nightmare time, and I know we have all been inspired by your courage and strength of character at such a dreadful time.

Through it all, you have found time to help others, and I will be eternally grateful to you for helping me through a very difficult patch last week.

It's going to be one of your best Christmases this year, isn't it :?: :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    thats the best news for a rainy monday morning.
    glad hubby is doing so well and you have made it through.
    you have been through so much and i do hope you have a lovely christmas together.
    love suzie x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    what fab news Trisher! :D:D:D:D

you muist be delighted - I know you have been missing home and each other.

take care & remember the forum is always there

thanks for sharing your greatnews.
    hugs
    wonky
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Hi Trisher,

Till now, I wasn't sure about your story, but now that I do I'm so pleased for you and your hubby.

All the best.

Pheebs x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    So very happy for you and your hubby Trish.

Take care of each other........Ange.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Trish,

Your post has move me today :D We all have been willing him better and thankfully now he is that much better :D You got to get your self sorted now but thats a huge chunk of worry lifted for you and its a pleasure to know you as well. Its good to know that this forum has been so helpful to you and I am so pleased for you both. Love and ((((( ))))) to you both. Cris xxx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi Trisher, so pleased to learn that your hubby can come home, you must be over the moon, I know I was when Malcolm came out of intensive care, give him lots of love, such a lovely posting too love Jaspercatxx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Hi Trisher
    Thats great news, i wish you both well,
    take care.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Oh Trisher i am so very pleased for you both
    best wishes
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi Trisher, wonderful news. Im so pleased for you both.
    I have been reading & hoping for this day to come.
    Im sure its a big releif & you can start planning xmas & telling him of all your journeys etc youve had on here.

Its lovely to know that this forum has helped you through the darkest of times. I also know the support from everybody on here is priceless.

You take care

Luv debs
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Oh Trisher, thats marvellous news...... so pleased for you, hubby and your family.

Reading your posting bought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eyes. Have a wonderful homecoming, and what a great way to start the Festive Season - you couldn't have had a better present.

Take care,

Jackie x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hi Trisher and husband.
    your christmas has come early.
    i'm so pleased for you both.
    have a lovely christmas
    you both need it take care.
    love joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Trisher,

That's just the best news - I'm sure you're going to have a very Happy Christmas now.

m025.gif

Look after him, he's precious. :wink:

Luv Legs XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Wonderful, Wonderful news Trish!

I am so pleased to hear your beloved husband is on his way home!

Arna x
  • trisher
    rehab44 wrote:
    What wonderful, wonderful news Tris I am so happy for you both, I think some sand blew into my eye as I read your post, coz I am a bloke and blokes don't cry ok?

Rehab,

Good blokes do cry sometimes. It shows that as much you are men, you still have caring ways.

Thank you for your good wishes though.

Trish xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Trish :D

Bless you for sharing this wonderful news with everyone. It really is what so many of us have been longing to hear for some time. I'm so happy for you, and hope it is the start of a much happier time for you both at Christmas and in the New Year.
    I am sure it has given you the big lift that you need to start feeling better yourself. Hope today has been a good day for you love, will try and catch up with you later. I am so pleased, I think a little of that sand has got into my eyes too!
    lots of love
    Chris xx
  • trisher
    Thank you to all of you for your good wishes. I wish I could reply to all of you individually, but my fingers would not let me.

At the moment hubby is still in hospital. They know that he is my full time carer.They are trying to get him as fit as possiI'm still in respite in a hospice as I need 24 hour care.

My son and his family will be flying home very soon for Christmas. I hope then to go home for good, also my hubby will come home then as well. They will stay to see in the New Year.

I have to have an operation next week, and will be staying in there for a few days. This is the only part I'm dreading, because of last time.

I cannot thank you all enough because you have all helped me get through this really bad time.

Love Trisher xxxx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hello Trisher

Have just logged on after a long day doing tests.
    I am so so so happy for you. It must be so wonderful that you will be home for Christmas together. Prayers are answered after all.
    I just don't know what else to say, everyone has said it, it just leaves me to give you a jolly big {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    So pleased that your son and family will be with you for christmas. The next big step is your operation and will be thinking of you

Love
    from Joy
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Trish, I am so pleased for you and your hubby!!!

You deserve some good news after a stressful few weeks. I hope they will sort you out some homecare to start with.

Hugs

Deb x