Howdy Hey! New here.

kiefersangel
kiefersangel Member Posts: 30
edited 21. Dec 2009, 15:22 in Say Hello Archive
Howdy Hey!

My name's Melissa, or you can call me Mel. I'm 22 and I suffer from 2 types of psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, baker's cyst and raynaud's syndrome.

It all started about 8 years ago now. I think I was only about 13 or 14 years old. When a cyst ruptured in the back of my left knee. Next came the psoriasis. And the psoriatic arthritis followed. And I was only diagnosed with raynaud's syndrome about a year ago now.

Came across this place while I was looking online for some help surviving this awful cold weather. Looked like a good place so I thought I'd join up :)

Can't wait to talk to others here :)
I don't mind answering any questions anyone has :) I promise not to bite :mrgreen::lol:

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mel

Welcome to the forum. We don't bite either. :lol::lol: Look forward to seeing your name on the other zones. :D Sounds like you have a long list there to contend with at the tender age of 22. I am sorry to read that.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • kiefersangel
    Howdy!

Thank you for the welcome! :D:lol:
    Yeah lol, it's fun to 'sound off' when I see a dentist and they ask me what I have :lol: I'll have to warn them they might need a cuppa and a biscuit as I tell them :lol:
    But thanks :)

Hope you're well! :)
    Thank you again for the welcome :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Mel,

I am glad you found us, they are a good lot here. I sympathize with the raynaud's, I haven't got it I got one of its cousins. When you next see your rumo ask him (as long as you want to) if there would be any advantage to giving you an infusion for that. I have Iloprost every 4 months and it does lessen my circulation symptoms and had undoubtable helped me keep my feet. I know there is another one less effective it begins with a N but I can't remember the name of it. I don't find the Iloprost a picnic but its worth it for the help t gives me. Take care Cris
  • kiefersangel
    Howdy chris!

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Bless you!
    I've noticed the raynaud's has gotten worse with the cold. Having some real bad trouble with keeping my knees bent. They're falling to sleep quicker than usual.

Thank you for the advice! :D I've never heard of that. Glad I'm seeing my rumo in the next week. I'll have to ask about that :) Thanks!! :)
  • skezier
    Hi Mel,

Oh its horrible flower, first bit of cold and the chilblains start eh? :lol::lol: I got 3 already and its only November :shock: :lol::lol: Is Raynard's 'just' your extremities? Mine does my whole body cus the blood vessels are just not big enough to support me and never have been. It got picked up on when I was young but never offered any treatment til I was 40. Now with the drip every 4 month I sort of function better :wink: Its worth asking your rumo and good luck though don't hate me for the Iloprost if they go that road...... Its not too pleasant but its only 6 hours a day and I really know for me its worth it. Cris x
  • kiefersangel
    Howdy Chris,

:lol: Yeah :lol: It didn't seem too bad last year. But this year, as soon as the cold came in (which is weird considering it's England :lol: It's cold all year long :roll: :lol: ) it's gotten really bad.

I only have it in my hands and feet so far. But the arthritis is in my left knee, so that stiffens up more than the rest. It's been almost a year since I had a check up. So, they might be able to find out more when I go :) Hope so anyways.

That's awful that you didn't get any treatment til you were 40! It sounds familiar though, my left leg was swollen from my knee up. I could barely get jeans on or anything. And the doctors wouldn't do surgery until I'd reached 18/19.

And no worries :lol: I'm a sucker for punishment. I didn't want to go through root canal treatment at the dentist last week so I asked them to just pull out the tooth :lol:

I've been on both tablets and injections of Methotrexate for my psoriasis and arthritis, if it's anything like that?
  • skezier
    Hi Mel,

I don't think there was any treatment for my circulation till Iloprost came out except tablets and they were never going to be strong enough for this eh?

I have pa but mine is being treated with just the sulfa at the mo, its not working so well just now :wink:

The Iloprost is well able to give you a low grade headache. or big headache and possible (and for me regularly) vomiting. They turn up the volume every half hour till you feel ill then knock it back by 10! Its 6 hr a day for 5 days and for me its the reason I still got 2 feet. Actually its amazingly effective just not so good when its going in. Half an hour or so after they disconnect you the symptoms normally go till they reconnect you an mine is now done as a day case :D Its my rumo who is also in charge of the circulation so its worth asking yours about the 2 drips I am sorry I can't remember the name of the one beginning with a N :oops: Guess it doesn't improve brain function eh? :lol::lol: Cris x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Mel

Nice to meet you. You would be welcome on any Forum.

can be a relief to meet others with the same complaints. There are a very nice people on here. We have a lot of laughs, we are quite crazy on here.

Welcome and will see you around.

Trisher xx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    hi mel and welcome from me to!
    everyone here is friendly, helpful and supportive, so i'm sure you'll settle in quickly!
    sue
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Mell

Sorry you had to find us, but just wanted to pop in a say welcome from me too. Think I saw you post on the snow topic, I'm not far from you in North Yorkshire gee have we had some rain the last couple of days! Try and stay warm.
    Take care
    Chris
  • kiefersangel
    Thank you all for the welcomes :D
    trisher wrote:
    can be a relief to meet others with the same complaints. There are a very nice people on here. We have a lot of laughs, we are quite crazy on here.

That's good, I'll fit right in :mrgreen::lol:
    delboy wrote:
    Welcome, most don't bite as they've lost their teeth. :mrgreen:

:lol: I know I shouldn't laugh but couldn't help it :lol:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Welcome from me, too :P

Pop into the Chit-Chat zone, we're all quite barking on there. Or, to put it another way, you don't have to be mad to go on there, but it helps!

I've got so many probs it's not worth listing them; I'm usually around somewhere!

Annie
  • kiefersangel
    Howdy!

Thank you for the welcome :D
    Sorry for the late reply :oops:

Might fit into the chit chat zone :lol: My family think I'm completely nuts :lol:
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    skezier wrote:
    I am sorry I can't remember the name of the one beginning with a N :oops: Guess it doesn't improve brain function eh? :lol::lol: Cris x

Hi
    Is the one with a N - Nipedifine or Nifedipine? My oldest got it for his Raynauds but said it was crap and didn't make any difference. His circulation is dreadful, his fingers and toes go navy blue, then white, then hot and red and shiny, he gets nastly chilblains as well on his fingers poor soul. Typical teenager though, he still doesn't see the need to kepp warmly wrapped up..... ever heard of gloves?

B x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Mel

I've already welcomed you on a different thread. We Rotherham lasses must stick together :!: :!: Hope to see you on the chit chat forum.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • kiefersangel
    Howdy! :)

Thanks for the welcome :D
    Always nice to meet a fellow Northener (sp?) :mrgreen:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi
    From me too!
    I am so sorry I missed your post and didn't welcome you till now :oops: :oops:
    Oh the shame :oops:
    he he!
    I hope you find the site helpful and feel at home very soon.
    Love
    Toni x(who has all her own teeth :shock: )
  • kiefersangel
    Howdy Toni! :)

No worries :) Thank you for the welcome :D