Phased Return

ritwren
ritwren Member Posts: 928
I wonder if there is a limit on how long you can take to use Phased Return when you go back to work after being off. I've been off for several months and am seeing OH tomorrow to persuade them to let me back to work on Phased Return. I wondered just how long I can use this for, is it 6weeks or does it vary. I work for the NHS.
thanks, rita

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Rita
    To the best of my knowledge the length of phased return does vary. I'm sure the NHS will have it's own policy and Occ Health will tell you.
    Good luck with returning to work. I hope it goes well.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    With the NHS, I had 4 weeks phased return, that is what my trust would support, it may be different for your trust but I presume that they would be about the same. I am using annual leave to reduce my days after the phased return to help reduce my hours while I wait for the anti-tnf to kick in.

Janie
  • ritwren
    Janie and Val thanks very much. I'll ask to use up some of my annual leave for a day or so every week too, that's a good idea. Thanks for the good wishes too. I hope OH agree tomorrow when I see them.
    bye for now
    rita
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    janie68 wrote:
    With the NHS, I had 4 weeks phased return, that is what my trust would support, it may be different for your trust but I presume that they would be about the same. I am using annual leave to reduce my days after the phased return to help reduce my hours while I wait for the anti-tnf to kick in.

Janie

When I was in work with the County Council, that's what I did

joy
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    joyful164 wrote:
    janie68 wrote:

Janie

When I was in work with the County Council, that's what I did

joy

I did the same, also- Joy, I also work for our County Council.
    Annie
  • ritwren
    Joy and Annie, thanks for your input. I have accrued quite a bit of AL so will make it clear today that I intend using it to follow the phased return.
    thanks again rita
  • fulwoodowl
    fulwoodowl Member Posts: 10
    You might get as much as 3 months so don't go using your leave time if you don't need to. If you ask your HR guide, or I assume you have access to an Intranet once you're back, check there.
    Though of course anything you don't work gets recorded as sick time, so there is also an advantage if you do use your own leave if you're concerned about hitting half/no pay stages.
  • ritwren
    All went well and I can use phased return for 4-6 weeks progressing and then use annual leave as per OH yesterday. I start back next week. :D
    rita
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Good luck with the return to work Rita. Take good care of yourself and don't overdo it.
    Val
  • maccajo
    maccajo Member Posts: 47
    Good news Rita,

Good luck, hope all goes well and you take it easier than you did before, I think we try to prove we,re the way we used to be and it's not the case.

Let us know how you get on

Jo x
  • ritwren
    Val and Jo, thanks as always for the support. I'll let you know how I get on.
    big hugs
    rita