So angry

Options
yayyar
yayyar Member Posts: 21
Sorry for ranting on but i feel has if i could rip someones head off.I recently got to work 4 days at work has i have RA on allsorts of drugs MTX the usual stuff .Any way a position came up at work which i applied for ok it was working 5 days but if it was a good enough application they would see about a part time roll.I walked the interview more than qualified for the roll there was 7 positions and 10 people applied in the interview the turd who interviewed me said if i was succesfull they would see if they could fit my hours in well Friday was the day we found out unfortunateley there were 7 better than you and we could not get any hours for you point A. if i wasnt good enough what was he doing trying to find hours for me and then point B he said im keeping you on file if a part time post comes up i told him to stick it were the sun dont shine and walked away id rather him say we needed someone who can do 5 days when i challenged him he started stuttering so i thought leave it what a tool he is

Comments

• lesleygraham
    lesleygraham Member Posts: 91
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Unfortunately this happens quite frequently when you have a disability like RA. I have been turned down numerous times for promotions at work even though I am more qualified, have more experience and have worked there longer than anyone else who have got these jobs. A manager even pleaded with me to do a teaching course, which I did, and I still didn't get the job. After being turned down 5 or 6 times I don't bother applying anymore now, I feel humiliated and useless, do you think they are trying to tell me something???
    Anyway, I know how you feel and it's so frustrating.
    Take care
    Les
  • fulwoodowl
    fulwoodowl Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I've also had these experiences. I've even been effectively taken down 2 grades because I asked for adjustments to my jor role. Instead of being a manager of a team I am now effectively an overpaid tea-boy who has no chance of being able to apply even for level transfers, never mind promotion opportunities.

All the equality and diversity rubbish is just lip service. They make all sorts of noises for the authorities and general public to hear but the reality is that we would be better off unemployed. Sorry if that's just my feeling but I've tried so hard to stay in work and actually make a contribution and it's just been chucked back in my face.

Anyway, essentially all I was trying to say is 'I feel your pain'. However I wouldn't raise your hopes of it being better in future.

Steve
  • kazpaz
    kazpaz Bots Posts: 103
    Options
    Just going through this same battle myself and I work for the NHS!

I agree in theory, the DDA is a joke. I won't budge an inch though. It is the fight that keeps me going through everything else and I have no plans to be tossed aside, at least until I'm ready to be!

Hope you find some solutions that help you.

Kaz
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    kazpaz wrote:
    Just going through this same battle myself and I work for the NHS!

I agree in theory, the DDA is a joke. I won't budge an inch though. It is the fight that keeps me going through everything else and I have no plans to be tossed aside, at least until I'm ready to be!

Hope you find some solutions that help you.

Kaz
    Your absolutely right Kaz , I'm with you...we need to keep on fighting. iris x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I see you've already had some good advice from the above posts. It's disgraceful that you and others have possibly been discriminated against in this way. As Delboy says, ask for their reports in writing and see if you have a case against them. Do you have a union?, if so it would be worth getting them involved, it will show your employer you are not going to be brushed under the carpet in this way and may make them think twice in the future.
    very best of luck, hang in there and let off as much steam as you need to. :) rita
  • yayyar
    yayyar Member Posts: 21
    Options
    sorry its taken me a long time to reply but pc went down and then i went down hahaha i can laugh now i read the posts with tears in my eyes were not useless and yer right all that work has to say is we need someone who can do 5 days thats the dda off there backs what i say is tea boy on a good wage ill take that job and when things start going wrong id keep my mouth shut and laugh to myself i think we only goto work because we know no better and has are joints fail our minds dont so lets keep going and showing them that were not useless LETS GROW OLD DISGRACEFULLY
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Its their loss & if they are willing to pay over the odds for a tea boy! well you take the money & laugh in their faces!
    Who needs the added stress that comes with promotion any way!
    Dont forget you have everyones support on here it seems we all have a struggle with our employers :!:
    What a mad mad world it is :!:
    Take care & keep strong x