29 and newly diagnosed..

aaidan
aaidan Member Posts: 5
edited 15. Dec 2009, 10:22 in Say Hello Archive
A big hello to everyone!

In September of this year i was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, after a failed marriage I was finally getting my life back on track.. studying to become a nurse, i only had 6months to qualify!! The pain started in my hands earlier this year and the docs thought it was carpel tunnel.. now im finding it difficult to walk (i miss my high heels :( ), open bottles, get changed and do most daily tasks... even making a cup of tea!! Im taking mtx and arcoxia for the pain and swelling... my social life is out of the window and i feel cut off.. im finding it hard to express my feelings to family and friends and thought that someone out here could give me some advice... having to say im fine with a pressed smile is wearing thin.. Quick question, has anybody tried homeopathic remedies or acupuncture? If so, did you find any benefits? Also ive heard of glucosamine tablets, any advice?
im so worried, scared, anxious.. i know everything happens for a reason, how do i go back to my normal life? :idea:
Thanks
Nadia xx

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nadia

A big Welcome from me.

You will never have the need to feel alone now. We offer support and try to help one another. I have RA as well.

If you go to the LWA Forum, you will meet people, who will be able to help with all your questions. They will also talk about what remedies they have tried.

On CChat you can relax, have a laugh. We have a Cyba Cafe where you can eat anything you like, without putting on weight.

There is also the Younger People Forum.

Other members will be along to say Hello.

Have a look around. I lookforward to seeing you around.

Trisher xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Nadia,

Welcome from me as well. Glad you found the site but sorry you have had to. They are a really nice lot here. Look forward to bumping in to you. Take care Cris
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hello Nadia (what a lovely name)

Welcome aboard, but sorry you've had to find us. Come and join in on the other forums if you've any questions, or if you just want a chat and some fun.

Annie
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Nadia

So sorry you had to find us and are naturally shocked and scared. I just wanted to pop in and send a hug. I have OA so can't offer practical help but do post on the other forums, you don't have to feel so alone with it all now.
    Take care
    Chris
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Nadia,
    just adding my welcome too ':)' and hope you enjoy being part of the forum family.:mrgreen:'

iris x
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Hi Nadia!

Welcome to the site!

I was 29 when I was diagnosed 3 years ago and I completely understand how quickly arthritis can start interferring with your life.

Glad you found us here, I have only been on a couple of months and it has been a huge help to me, just knowing there are other people out there like me.

Take care and hope to see you on one of the forums soon :D

Arna x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi Nadia

sorry about your diagnosis at 29 years old. I was 23 when I was told I had RA andit knocks the stuffing out of you. I am a nurse and work part time, I just wanted to say that you can still work as a nurse with arthritis. You need to get the right meds and you must qualify. Even if for some reason you don't go onto working as a staff nurse, it wi open doors for you in other areas. Plus think of those letters after your name!

Good luck, let's hope OH let you carry on soon.

Janie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Nadia
    So very glad you have found this forum - it about saved my life when it all kicked off for me (Elna will remember). I cried for days and days and days. This forum kept me going while I went through that range of emotions you discribe - the shock,horror, disbeleif, blind terror I felt was so frightening. Oh yes and the denial too :oops:
    Well I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.
    Get on and have a look round and join in where you want.
    Take care
    Love
    Toni x
    PS there is life after diagnosis - maybe not what you expected, but better than you fear.