24 and newly diagnosed!

spite_k
spite_k Member Posts: 3
edited 18. Dec 2009, 18:07 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all,

My name is Nicola and as of last month, I've been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I'm struggling badly with my medication!

Just wanted to say hi tho :)

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nicola :)

Welcome to the forum. Please join us on the other zones. diagnosis does all come as a bit of a shock, to say the least, doesn't it?

There is the chitchat zone where much fun is and the Living with Arthritis which is more serious and that is the place to ask any big "A" questions. We are all in the same boat here to a greater or lesser degree and all ages too. We offer as much help and support as we can to each other. You have no need to feel alone with all this now.

There is the Young People's zone but that does unfortunately have its very quiet moments. The other two zones make up for that though, big time. :D

I will look out for you. Hope to see you posting again soon.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    spite_k wrote:
    Hello all,

My name is Nicola and as of last month, I've been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I'm struggling badly with my medication!

Just wanted to say hi tho :)

Welcome to the forum Nicola!

Glad you have found us!

I have only been on here a couple of months and it has been a tremedous help - I hope you find the same! :D

Arna x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Nicola

A big Welcome from me too.

I have been here since May, I have RA, OA and also PA. You learn such a lot on here, tips, ideas are just two.

Trish xx
  • miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    Welcome!

This place is great - im glad you found us!
    I was diagnosed at 27 and found here the mosyt amazing support!
    x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi Nicola, I've been here since September, come into the Chit Chat zone if you want to complain, rant or cheer someone else on......they are all so supportive and caring.

Annie
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Nicola!
    a big welcome to the forum from me too!
    you'll never need to feel that you are on your own with arther...there's always someone about on the forum to share how you're feeling, to have a wee moan or rant....and there's always plenty of laughs too. look forward to getting to know you. Iris x ':mrgreen:'