Christmas Invite to my workplace

harmony
harmony Member Posts: 37
Hi All,
I use to work in my local hospice as a Volunteer complementary therapist. When I got RA and couldn’t walk with out using walking sticks I gave up and said goodbye. My thought was how can I give all these wonderful therapies if I’m looking like an old crock :!:
Anyway, that was almost 3 years ago and bless them they have kept me on their books ever since. :shock:
Well this week they have invited me to their Christmas do and as normal I replied to the invite with the proviso – health permitting. So as I am feeling a lot better than I normally do I am going to make a big effort and go :)
I am having better days now than I had in the last year, but I still never know how the day will take me. I would love to get back to work there as a volunteer.
Any one think this could be a good time to raise the question of going back?
Just feel a little insecure after not talking to them for so long. :oops:
Harmony :)

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Harmony

ABSOLUTELY on both counts. :D
    Do hope you feel able to go to the Christmas party, they clearly think highly of you and valued your work there as a volunteer. Just the phrase you use 'wonderful therapies' makes me think you are exactly the positive influence that can help others inspite of your own circumstances.
    Take care and good luck
    Chris
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    I totally agree with Chris! and from the sound of things they will be delighted to have you back!
    What a wonderful gift to have..to be able to provide healing and comfort to others.

let us know what you decide about the return to work and definitely go and enjoy the Xmas bash!. Iris x
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    I also agree...you go and enjoy yourself! :wink:
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    yes, go for it.
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    I think that would be a brilliant idea you sound as if you have a lot to give.

Enjoy your night out!

Anne
  • harmony
    Hi Guys,
    Well I have been to my old work's christmas do, and was made to feel very welcome.
    In fact they want to talk to me about returning to Volunteer at the Hospice with them next year :!:
    I told them all about being on Humira and having fibromyalgia but (informally) the head of complementary therapy said I could come back when I felt ready and they would do their up most to accommodate me and my limited abilities. :D
    You could have knocked me down with a feather. It has given me such a boost, I really feel as if I am back in the land of the living and not just existing. :lol:
    So thank you guys for your support, I just felt I should let you know where I am and I am soooo looking forward to my chat with them next year. :)
    Harmony :)
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    brilliant,well done.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Harmony

That is good news. Thanks for letting us know and hope all goes well for you.
    Take care
    Chris
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    I've not been about much for a few days but am delighted things are working out so well for you. :)
    rita
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    harmony wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    Well I have been to my old work's christmas do, and was made to feel very welcome.
    In fact they want to talk to me about returning to Volunteer at the Hospice with them next year :!:
    I told them all about being on Humira and having fibromyalgia but (informally) the head of complementary therapy said I could come back when I felt ready and they would do their up most to accommodate me and my limited abilities. :D
    You could have knocked me down with a feather. It has given me such a boost, I really feel as if I am back in the land of the living and not just existing. :lol:
    So thank you guys for your support, I just felt I should let you know where I am and I am soooo looking forward to my chat with them next year. :)

Great news harmony! ':D'

delighted you went to the Xmas bash and got such a welcome too..':mrgreen:'

hope next year is a turning point for you...sounds as though they really value you and don't mind you bringing arther along if you decide to go back to work. well done you! ':D' Iris x
  • harmony
    Thanks everyone for all your lovely replies and support.
    I hope that you all have a wonderful pain free Christmas and New Year

Harmony :D