computer problems again

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 19. Feb 2010, 06:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all ,

Remember I just had gotten a new computer in November 2009 , well guess what it stopped working yesreday , so I tried f12 then clicked windows start normally, this worked only to get a screen saying graphics has stopped working due to error code 43.

I thought with this being new I wont have problems for a while , ( how wrong was I ) nice start to a new year ( I hope 2010 is computer promblem free :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Mike R & Hazel &mIke JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You havent had it long have you?They seem to be so sensitive as my laptop is less than 2 years old and has sticky keys and curser has a mind of its own.Takes ages to write anything on this forum.

Hopefully the techies will be along soon.

Best wishes Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mike77
    Hi Mike

Rehab's right - it should be under warranty. If you can't get it back to where you bought it from just yet, there should be a helpline number you can ring. Sometimes they know straight away what's wrong, and might be able to fix it there and then on the phone. Just be careful if it's not a freephone number though - don't want you sitting on the phone for ages if it's a premium rate number!!

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Luv, Lynn xxx
    THANKS FOR THAT TIP WILL LOOK FOR THE HELPLINE NUMBER now( sorry caps were on ) yes rehab its still under warrantyall I wanted was a computer that would give me no trouble ( think I was asking for two much.

Mike R & hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Error Code 43 is a general driver failure code. A driver acts as a software link between the computer and programs or the computer and the computer parts such as the Hard Drive, Keyboard, etc.

Error Code 43: One of the drivers controlling the device, (i.e. part of the computer), notified the operating system, (Windows), that the device failed in some manner.

My advice, as with others, is to return it under warranty, helplines are notoriously unhelpful.
    g055.gif

If you want problems buy a computer, if you want chaos put it online.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • mike77
    I sent an e mail to the company, they repiled , gave me a couple of things to try but problem still around , so the guy that fixes my computer called and said he will have a look at it if he cant , I think I will call the company and ask them to collect it , fix it return it good as new

with my luck it they will tell me to send it across the water to be fixed ( hopefully not)

Thank you for all your answers

Mike R & hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Careful you dont invaliate the warranty if someone else messes around with it! Best to return it to shop.They kept ours a few days but didnt cost under the warranty.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Why not take it for a walk up stairs and then accidently drop it down the stairs a couple of times?.
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    What exactly is the problem Mike?
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    hi

i know what you mean about computers, when there working ok thats good but they do like to go wrong dont they, i got so fed up with mine thats i learnt to backup the stuff i got on it and i can format the hard drive and put everything back and that always seem to help, i had to learn how to do for 2 reasons i havent got a good computer shop where i live and in the past when i did get them to sort my computer they did not do it right :x and the other reason is i got a 14 year who also loves his computer as much as me and as he got specail needs gets very upset when things go wrong, :cry::( anyway as i always belived if a job worth doing then do it right, you have to be so careful out there what with viruses and spyware.

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • mike77
    only49 wrote:
    hi

i know what you mean about computers, when there working ok thats good but they do like to go wrong dont they, i got so fed up with mine thats i learnt to backup the stuff i got on it and i can format the hard drive and put everything back and that always seem to help, i had to learn how to do for 2 reasons i havent got a good computer shop where i live and in the past when i did get them to sort my computer they did not do it right :x and the other reason is i got a 14 year who also loves his computer as much as me and as he got specail needs gets very upset when things go wrong, :cry::( anyway as i always belived if a job worth doing then do it right, you have to be so careful out there what with viruses and spyware.

sylvia
    hi sylvia, its the other way round for me , my son who is 15 years old loves his playstation 3, he hates it when the electicty goes out due to windy weather he blames me ( kids are funny ) he goes on the computer to look up soaps so he can tell me what going to happen next week.at this moment my computer is working fine ( for how long that will last , i dont know)

Mike R & hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR