Hi

jofallowfield
jofallowfield Member Posts: 41
edited 1. Jan 2010, 17:18 in Say Hello Archive
:oops: Im 44 and after a years of test have been told I have RA. Do not know anyone my age or around my age with it so feel very lonely. On lots of meds,lots of blood test and still in pain.

I have 2 teenage daughters, 3 dogs,2 cats and 6 ferrets. Hope to meet some new friends on here xx :)

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to our forum!!

You are now part of a very exclusive club, please feel free to explore the site, there are a lot of very nice and friendly people on here who can give a lot of good advice and support.

I am 38 and have had RA for 15 years now, you are not alone, we are here for you. You will go through a lot of emotions, and perhaps grieve for your old life but with the right meds, you can learn to adapt to a new life with some modifications!!

Take care

Janie x
  • jofallowfield
    Thank you, feel not so alone already.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi

And a big Welcome from me.

We have all got different types of arthritis on here, We are also different ages.

We don't worry about age, we are all friends with one another. You will find help and offer support to you.

Hope to see you posting soon

Love Trisher xx
  • jofallowfield
    hi jo welcome ,help yaself to hot chocy in the cafe on chit chat :wink: im 47 with OA nice to meet you jan xx
    Hi thanks for the welcome x
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Hiya........

And Welcome.............

Ferrets??? working of pets??

Sorry........see where my thoughts lay........ :D

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • jofallowfield
    robertls wrote:
    Hiya........

And Welcome.............

Rob x
    Hi and thanks,

Yes they work but I dont take them, been alone a few times but dont like the killing of rabbits xx
  • jofallowfield
    robertls wrote:
    Hiya........

And Welcome.............

Rob x
    Hi and thanks,

Yes they work but I dont take them, been along a few times but dont like the killing of rabbits xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi Jo, the mention of ferrets takes me straight back to my grandad. He kept several outside in a hutch and I was allowed to help clean them out, or hold them while it was cleaned. I'm not sure these days I could even handle a ferret, much less keep house for them, but I do have fond memories of them.

Welcome to the forum, the other name is the madhouse! Glad to have you along.

Annie
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hello and welcome!

I'll be 44 in April, have 3 kids, 1 dog, 2 guinea pigs and a horse - my eldest daughter is desperate for a ferret but I just keep thinking about that TV presenter that had one hanging from his thumb (ouch!) and that puts me off! I've met a few and have found them to be very friendly, but we have enough pets now!

I have JIA which is a bit like RA...I think? After living with it for 38 years, you'd think I'd know!

I read an article in The Mail recently that RA most commonly affects women aged between 30 and 50. I've no idea why unfortunately!

Popcorn feet? The mind boggles - Hi Collywobble!

Lois x
  • jofallowfield
    wibberley wrote:
    Hello and welcome!

I'll be 44 in April, have 3 kids, 1 dog, 2 guinea pigs and a horse - my eldest daughter is desperate for a ferret but I just keep thinking about that TV presenter that had one hanging from his thumb (ouch!) and that puts me off! I've met a few and have found them to be very friendly, but we have enough pets now!

I have JIA which is a bit like RA...I think? After living with it for 38 years, you'd think I'd know!

I read an article in The Mail recently that RA most commonly affects women aged between 30 and 50. I've no idea why unfortunately!

Popcorn feet? The mind boggles - Hi Collywobble!

Lois x
    Yes one of my dogs feet smell like popcorn and Im so pleased someone elses dogs do ha ha. My ferrets dont bite at all they are so tame,dont know if you can put photos on here but is you can I will xx