The famous Kang family

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 2. Jan 2010, 17:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I had a visit from Nina Kang and family this afternoon.

What an ordeal that turned out to be :!: :!: Boistrous and noisy, and that was mostly Nina :!: :!: Not content with eating me out of house and home, the children then insisted on running riot and turning my lounge into a gymnasium for mini monsters :!: :shock:

ONLY KIDDING, NINA :!: :lol:
They were even more lovely than I had imagined, both Nina herself, and the children. Ellen, Simie, and Jassie are three really beautiful girls, all very intelligent, and full of personality, just like their Mum.

I was amused at the way Ellen keeps Nina in check, rather like Sapphie and Edina in Absolutely Fabulous. She is obviously used to her mother's wild ways :!: :lol: Am I right, Nina :?:

It was a very happy occasion, and we are now firm friends. If it weren't for this forum, we would never have met, so I am very grateful.

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jan

I hope you and Joy do manage to meet. It is lovely when friends made on here are met in reality.

Nina and I knew we would get on well, and we did. Meeting the children as well was a real treat.

Joan
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I don't think there is anyone near me here, but when we move in the Spring, I will try to track down anyone near me in West Sussex.

Annie
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi All, ive met Cris, she's lovely. & me & Toni plan to met up too. She's my cyber twin sister, we have so much in common so i think i'll leave my OH behind as we'll chat forever. :D she's not far from me either.
    Ive also spoke to a few from here on facebook & know faces to names which is lovely.

Perhaps in the new year AC will organise another get together we can all get to.
    debs
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Joan,

Glad you enjoyed it. I have been lucky to meet a few from the site and its been a real privilege. I have a far bit of land, we could get a markey and have a giant AC get together....... in better weather cus just now wellies and waders are the order of the day :lol::lol::lol: The other problem is I am a long way down eh? Hope you had a good Christmas? Cris x

Hi debs,

:oops: :oops: My dogs said I am not so nice after a fridge raid :wink::lol::lol: xx
  • joanlawson
    Hi All

What a lovely idea to have a forum bash somewhere, sometime. That would be great fun, wouldn't it :?:

Joan
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Hello everyone

I didn't realise so many people had met up already - we had a lovely time with Joan and her OH. I must say, it was very brave of them to invite us for the afternoon. They are very hospitable and kind and generous (gave my girls lovely presents). We will definitely be going again :-) And maybe invite them back :-P

Love your observations about the girls Joan, they do us proud. Can't wait to see you all again.

Nina XXXXX

PS - yes, let's make a new year's resolution to have a get together in 2010.
  • minky67
    Hi Nina, count me in on that one.
    would be great to met up.
    debs
  • joanlawson
    ninakang wrote:
    Hello everyone

I didn't realise so many people had met up already - we had a lovely time with Joan and her OH. I must say, it was very brave of them to invite us for the afternoon. They are very hospitable and kind and generous (gave my girls lovely presents). We will definitely be going again :-) And maybe invite them back :-P

Love your observations about the girls Joan, they do us proud. Can't wait to see you all again.

Nina XXXXX

PS - yes, let's make a new year's resolution to have a get together in 2010.

Hi Nina

Your girls are a real credit to you and Sunny. You are bringing them up to be three lovely women, intelligent, hard -working, fun-loving, polite and caring. Very much like their Mum!
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    awww how lovely that you have met , what a lovely crimbo prezzy for you both ! hope you both had a wondefull chat 8) joy and i are planning a meet asap in new year, we live so close but weather and no car dont help! :x

Hello Jan.
    send me a PM and we will sort something out. If you want to let me know what town you live near or we can visit you. We have a car. Could meet up in the cafe ifyou like :roll: :roll: We managed to meet Sue in Norfolk. If anyone lives near Morecambe, we are coming that way in March.

lots of love
    Joy
  • joyful164
    shame we cant have an interactive map that we could all put markers on :wink:

All we need to is know Post Codes, perhaps, mod? is this possible?
    joy then look on Google Earth.
  • joyful164
    minky67 wrote:
    Hi All, ive met Cris, she's lovely. & me & Toni plan to met up too. She's my cyber twin sister, we have so much in common so i think i'll leave my OH behind as we'll chat forever. :D she's not far from me either.
    Ive also spoke to a few from here on facebook & know faces to names which is lovely.

Perhaps in the new year AC will organise another get together we can all get to.
    debs

I'm on facebook too

Joy
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Hi all,

The forums are open for anyone to read, not just members. In order to make sure everyone is kept safe we do not allow info on the forums which could identify people and their addresses. I'll pass this on to Guy the web manager, but in the meantime, please only reveal a general indication of where you live on the public forums.

Jean123
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Hi Pixie,

I have emailed Guy to see if anything can be done. Will let you know when he comes back after his break.

Jean
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    I am in Scotland so it would be a journey and a half for me to meet up, pity.

Anne
  • skezier
    Hi Joan,

I would love to come to a get together.....My problem is the invisible umbilical cord between me and the employers :wink: Well that and finding someone wiling to look after them :lol::lol: I really do have room for the markey (can't spell it though and the spell check just can't help :oops: ) I only 30 miles from Lands End so come on people its not that far....... x

Hi Anne,

Its only 10 hrs drive from Dumfries........ Hope your ok? Cris x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I have had coffee and lots of cake with Page.Would love to meet up with forum members.And would love to visit Cris in deepest Cornwall if I could.
    Jan, OH has a party in Northants in Feb and I have sort of been invited(not sure if he really means it).Last year it snowed!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Joan,

I would love to come to a get together.....My problem is the invisible umbilical cord between me and the employers :wink: Well that and finding someone wiling to look after them :lol::lol: I really do have room for the markey (can't spell it though and the spell check just can't help :oops: ) I only 30 miles from Lands End so come on people its not that far....... x

Hi Anne,

Its only 10 hrs drive from Dumfries........ Hope your ok? Cris x

Hi Cris

I would come to the other end of the world to meet you and your employers :!: This is only a small island after all; I'm sure I could make it to Cornwall some time in 2010.

Love from Joan
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Joan

We'll come with you ;-)

Let's wait to hear what the mods say, this all sounds very exciting!

Nx
  • skezier
    Hi Joan,

If your ever down this way let me know..... You have to ware old clothes and poss wellies..... I promise you tea, coffee and maybe some shell shock but you would be most welcome. :D x
  • joanlawson
    Thanks Cris, I've got plenty of old clothes, and some wellies, so I will let you know when I next come to Cornwall.

luv Joan
  • minky67
    Hi Joy, if your on facebook & are linked to Jan & Arna then im Debbie M....... on there. My picture is with my 2 girls & stepson. Taken a 3 yrs back back i have to get youngest to upload pictures as i havent a clue. she's gonna put some more pictures on there nx weekend for me when she comes to stay.
    I hoping she's got the pictures of snowy dog & suki the african grey on her phone as my computor has died & ive lost all my photos. :(
    debs