Support

raspberry461
raspberry461 Member Posts: 3
edited 6. Jan 2010, 12:02 in Young people's community
Hello. I am completely new to this site, so first I would like to say hello to everyone. I have had JIA for quite some time now and have been on methotrexate for over a year. I was wondering if there was any one out there of a similar age to myself (19) who struggles with arthritis and could offer some advice. Lately I have just been feeling a bit down cast with my many blood tests, hospital appointments and just having to take my arthritis into consideration for everything I do. Thank you.

Comments

• clairy
    clairy Member Posts: 29
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello. I am completely new to this site, so first I would like to say hello to everyone. I have had JIA for quite some time now and have been on methotrexate for over a year. I was wondering if there was any one out there of a similar age to myself (19) who struggles with arthritis and could offer some advice. Lately I have just been feeling a bit down cast with my many blood tests, hospital appointments and just having to take my arthritis into consideration for everything I do. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm a bit onlder then you (21) but i have had JIA since i was younger too. I know what you mean about all the appointments and stuff really can get you down. I now its not easy but try to think positive it really helps, or my personal favourite give yourself little treats so say at the end of the months i'm going to buy something so you have something to look forward to.

I know its not easy but if you want to chat give me a shout.

Merry Christmas
  • raspberry461
    raspberry461 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your reply, it really helped. I just get a bit sick of the blood tests especially some times so its nice to know I'm not alone. Thanks again.
  • controversial
    controversial Member Posts: 24
    Hi,
    I'm 19 and have RA, I've had it for several years but this last few months have been the worst of my life.
    I don't know anyone else with it, so I'd love talking to someone who understands!

K x
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hi Raspberry and welcome to the forum,

I shouldn't really be on this section as I'm 43 and stopped being young a wee while ago(!), however I just wanted to let you know that I too have JIA (was diagnosed aged 7).

Am going thru' a bit of a relapse at the mo. but I've had very long periods of remission - hopefully you will too. The tests etc will be worth it, I promise.....grim though they are!
  • cazaline
    cazaline Member Posts: 61
    Hey Raspberry, welcome to the forum :).

Sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit down lately, I know blood tests aren't the nicest of things to have and I've sure had my fair share lol.

I'm a little older than you (22) and have had Arthritis since the age of 6. Had a period of remission in my teens but seem to have gone downhill in the past few years. I've just had a left hip replacement and now waiting to have the other done hopefully around March time.

I know it is tough and we're all here to help each other through the bad times.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk.

Much love

Caroline xXx