NEW YEAR CRUISE OFF WE GO!!!

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 11. Jan 2010, 20:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, the time has arrived at last, and we are off on the criuise in a few minutes time.

The crowds have assembled to wave us goodbye, and the television cameras are there to capture the moment on film.

They wanted to interview the captain, but he seemed inexplicably busy checking out the State cabin. However, he has managed to get the map the right way round now, so we should be OK for Madeira tomorrow.

Get ready for an incredible journey, offering unique world-class entertainment, devoted personal attention, sumptuous cuisine, and time to relax and unwind.

OFF WE GO :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Goodbye Southampton :!: :!: Hello FUN :!: :!: :D:D:D

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Woohoo! Have waved my flag at the people who've come to see the boat off. Off to check out my cabin now :-)

Can't think where the Captain's got to...

Nx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I'm waving like mad at the crowds (and the cameras). Byebye, adieu, cheerio, toodle-oo; or to put it another way, goodbye cruel world! Bring on the fun!

Annie

Yeehar!
  • annie_mial
    rehab44 wrote:
    "Ok me hearties, cast ofd the lines, drop the the passenger thingy, weigh anchor, sound the ships hooter number one, full ahead both, splice the main brace, where's me purser"

"anyhoo dish out the rum bum and baccy to the crew"

"And has anyone seen my parrot?"

Yes; unfortunately it's a polygon. Will we bury it at sea?

Annie
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hello Joan, Nina. Rehabb
    where are the others?
    Well, we're off. I love this bit waving flags. Bands playing and I'm crying it's so emotional, I think I need to go and lie down for abit. I've had such a rush to catch the boat.

I can't wait to get to Antigua. My friend paints there and she sells her pictures in a shop there. It's a beautiful island. I would love to get the chance to paint a picture of the scenery.

Joan, if we are able to get a room ready with a door to the sea,
    I would love to paint and if anyone wants to join me I'm more than happy to pass on some of the techniques I have learn't and developed.
    Joy
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    My stateroom is beautiful Joan, thank you for organising it.

Wasn`t it lovely of Rod Stewart to come and sing "Sailing" to see us off.

Sorry, I`m a bit flustered, I`ve been helping our beloved Captain to search for his parrot!......Ange.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    just got lovely frock from shop so will get hair done then will be ready for dinner hi all we should have some fun can not wait
    val
  • valval
    delboy wrote:
    Boarded early so I could go straight to my suites for a few days rest, may skip dinner tonight as the tailor hasn't arrived. I feel a flogging is in order or maybe some keel hauling if we have enough rope.
    not quite the entertainment had in mind but might be worth watching
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Oh look is that Gorden Brown waving at us Ange? I love it when the streamers all fall down and around.

Don't be on the top deck when the hooter blows, you'll get covered
    in S :!: :!: T.

Jan, you take peeps passports not their purses :shock:

ooooooowwwwwee Look at that streamer that's long. That's a nice song they are playing la la de la de la.

Did you get here ok Val? Got your cabin.

Right, I'm peeckish look at all the food, there's fruit as well look how nicely they have done it.

No snow, no ice Goodbye, where orf

Trish
  • valval
    hi will have some pinapple looks great soup was great so much food will have stroll around deck after
    val
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi all, just had a little sleep in my cabin.
    My cabin boy has arrived so i wont keep him waiting :wink: I'll just grab some food.
    OOOHHH look at all that posh nosh, now if no1s looking i'll fill my handbag. 8) ( its a disguse really) we,(i mean me,i ) might get hungry during the night.

Captain if i knew you wanted a parrot for this trip i would have lent you mine, but i forgot to put her in my handbag.

Fancy a sausage roll instead much tastier than Parrot. :lol:

When does the party start?
    debs
  • joanlawson
    Hi all

Glad you are all settling in and getting familiar with your new surroundings. All very swish, isn't it :?:

I am now making my entrance for dinner, slightly late by the sound of it, as the captain seems to be on his pudding already.

I'm wearing my rather daring evening dress, red, with a plunging neckline, and slit at the side to the thigh. Who says I'm an exhibitionist :?: :?: It isn't true ( much :!: )

I'm not going to fight my way through the crowds at the captain's table though. I'll just sit quietly in a corner, and wait until someone notices me. Might be here rather a long time :!:
  • minky67
    Hi Joan, lovvvve the dress is it new.?
    Do you like my dress, gone for a nice pale blue,backless number to set off my eyes,matchng heels & my diamond earrings.
    My suitcase weighed a ton with all these dressess,shoes,makeup & jewelery.
    Fancy some Sangria to get us in the mood for spain then??
    You'll join me in a glass ah Joan?
    debs
  • annie_mial
    I'm wearing my little black number - I nearly put it on back-to-front but I think it's the right way round now! Think it's OK for my barmaid stretch later? I might have to take off these diamante slippers with the 4" heels and borrow Trish's bunny slippers for that.

The Captain is not only on his pudding, he's getting well into practice, Ange is already a trifle flustered, and they were only looking for a parrot! Don't let him tell you it's in the bilges, Ange!

s010.gif

Annie
  • trisher
    Well.

Jan, Joy,Ange, Annie, Debs, Joan, Captain, Val,Chris, plus some new ladies

Here's to a wonderful Cruise. Lets hope we have fun, and lots of Merriment along the way.

Trish xx
  • minky67
    annie_mial wrote:
    I'm wearing my little black number - I nearly put it on back-to-front but I think it's the right way round now! Think it's OK for my barmaid stretch later? I might have to take off these diamante slippers with the 4" heels and borrow Trish's bunny slippers for that.

The Captain is not only on his pudding, he's getting well into practice, Ange is already a trifle flustered, and they were only looking for a parrot! Don't let him tell you it's in the bilges, Ange!

s010.gif

Annie
    Anne does the captain fancy some mousse.
    u030.gif:lol:
  • trisher
    edited 30. Dec 2009, 15:33
    I don't know why you ladies have bought so much luggage the boat has all the shops in them.

Annie, my bunny slippers look his ear is all back together again, please watch where you are putting your feet? :shock:

Can I have a large 'Vodka and lime please. Any one else par taking tonight?

I have not seen 'chris yet, she is on board isn't she? Oh, we have not left her behind, we will have to go back and get her.

Joan you look radient tonight, Debs so do you, look at Val dosn't she look nice.
  • annie_mial
    minky67 wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

s010.gif

Annie
    Anne does the captain fancy some mousse.
    u030.gif:lol:

Probably, he's game for anything!

Annie
  • annie_mial
    trisher wrote:
    I don't know why you ladies have bought so much luggage the boat has all the shops in them.

Annie, my bunny slippers look his ear is all back together again, please watch where you are putting your feet? :shock:

Can I have a large 'Vodka and lime please. Any one else par taking tonight?

I have not seen 'chris yet, she is on board isn't she? Oh, we have not left her behind, we will have to go back and get her.

Joan you look radient tonight, Debs so do you, look at Val dosn't she look nice.

I will be very careful with them, Trish. Look, I've brought them a carrot. I will partake with you, a large brandy and ginger for me, I've already got my silly head on, so nothing can get worse!
    Has anyone checked on Del? He might fancy a brandy.

Annie
  • minky67
    Wow doesnt everyone scrub up well.
    So glam.
    I'll join you for a drink Trisher anyone else joining us.
    a010.gif
  • joanlawson
    minky67 wrote:
    Hi Joan, lovvvve the dress is it new.?
    Do you like my dress, gone for a nice pale blue,backless number to set off my eyes,matchng heels & my diamond earrings.
    My suitcase weighed a ton with all these dressess,shoes,makeup & jewelery.
    Fancy some Sangria to get us in the mood for spain then??
    You'll join me in a glass ah Joan?
    debs

Hi Debs

Glad you like the dress. Yes it is new, all part of a new image for me. Forgot to mention the diamonds as well, a girl's best friend :!:

I like your dress too, very daring backless number :!: We all look devine, don't we :?:

I will certainly join you in a glass of sangria. Cheers :!: Here's to the rest of the cruise :!:

Joan
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Hi all,
    Glad everyone is pleased with their cabins and State Rooms. Mines a bit on the small side which meant my backless evening strap got a bit crumpled!! I couldn't get an iron to work in my lifeboat SORRY my cabin!!!
    What was that you said Captain, there's a stowaway on board? Surely not?? :oops: :oops:
  • joanlawson
    trisher wrote:
    Well.

Jan, Joy,Ange, Annie, Debs, Joan, Captain, Val,Chris, plus some new ladies

Here's to a wonderful Cruise. Lets hope we have fun, and lots of Merriment along the way.

Trish xx

Hi Trisher

Good to see you, and everyone else too. Merriment in spades is what we want :!: :lol::lol:
  • joanlawson
    katekelly wrote:
    Hi all,
    Glad everyone is pleased with their cabins and State Rooms. Mines a bit on the small side which meant my backless evening strap got a bit crumpled!! I couldn't get an iron to work in my lifeboat SORRY my cabin!!!
    What was that you said Captain, there's a stowaway on board? Surely not?? :oops: :oops:

There was bound to be one lurking somewhere :!: :!: :!: :shock: :shock:
  • annie_mial
    My goodness, doesn't everyone look good - Joan, where did you get that dress? It fits perfectly and the colour is so good on you!
    Val and Debs, you look just as good; and there's Trish, all covered in merriment and white satin.........scrumptious.

Anybody want another little drinkie? I'm soooo glad I didn't sign the pledge before we cast away, or cast off or whatever it was........who is that woman over there in the crumpled belt? Has she been rushing away from the Captain's Locker?

Annie
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    What a bevy of beauties!! I am wearing my lilac Vera Wang - I read about her in one of them celeb mags - gown, and when I lie on my lovely water bed, I blend in with the sheets! Also, my purple Louboutins with killer heels and my amethysts. When we all stand together, we`ll look like a sodding rainbow.