25yr old newbie....looking for encouragement

rainbowmummy
rainbowmummy Member Posts: 13
edited 7. Jan 2010, 15:33 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone,

I'm rainbow, 25 years old, and I live in UK. I'm a mum to 2 children (aged 7 and 4) and newly married.

I've recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck. I'm in a fair amount of pain, and now on some meds. I've looked at osteoarthritis online, and to be honest, found the info quite scary! It doesn't talk much about the long term issues.

So thought I'd join here and chat to people who understand!

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Rainbow, what a lovely name.

We've all got arthritis in one form or another, so jump on board. As Jan says, post the more serious questions in the LWA forum or pop into Chit Chat for a more lighthearted approach!

Glad to have you, sorry for the reason.

Annie
  • rainbowmummy
    Thanks Jan :)

It's all a little overwhelming at the moment, I'm waiting to have two moles removed as well so it seems like one thing after another!
  • rainbowmummy
    Aww thanks :) I had a pre-cancerous tumour when I was 17, so I think they are just being extra careful with me!

I told work about the OA yesterday, I was petrified! My contract is coming up for renewal in March and I thought I'd well and truly fluffed my chances with this OA coming up. But my boss was fantastic about it, still really nervous they will now find any excuse not to keep me in March but we'll see.

So how do you all deal with the pain? I seem to have been constantly doped on painkillers for the past few days!
  • lifeisadream
    lifeisadream Member Posts: 27

So how do you all deal with the pain? I seem to have been constantly doped on painkillers for the past few days!

Hi

When I first had serious pain caused by the bone spurs in my neck I was doped up for about three months. But it did eventually improve, the pain levels reduced and I am now VERY careful how I treat my neck.

Just be careful.

Paul
  • rainbowmummy
    Thank you Paul. I'm going to carry on taking the painkillers as prescribed rather than when the pain gets too much.

I've just had confirmation that work is closed again tomorrow, so I now have 3 days to relax and work on sorting out the pain. I'm also going to go to my GP tomorrow to see about alternative pain meds.