I am not sure whether to bother GP again

Options
lifeisadream
lifeisadream Member Posts: 27
Hello

I have suffered with OA in my spine for some time and have recently had a diagnosis of OA in my shoulder.

Now I have started to develop pain and soreness/stiffness in the third (base – palm) joint of each finger, both hands, the corresponding joints in both my feet and the Achilles tendons of both feet.

However since there is no obvious swelling or observable evidence I am very reluctant to bother my GP or ask for a Rheumatologist referral again. If its OA I am still in the same situation.

Not sure what to do, feel like a nuisance.

Paul

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Paul,

I just snuck in o say welcome to the site. I hope you find it as useful as I have. Fro what its worth I would bother your gp but the helpline people are much better at knowing things than me. Take care Cris
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    Options
    Hello Paul

I can understand you feel reluctant to go back again, however it may be worth while even if you just ask your gP to explain it to you. In the mean time some anitinflammatory gel/cream rubbed onto the affected finger and toe joints may help. Whilst you are the Doctor you may also consider asking for a physiotherapy referral.

In the mean time you may find our Exercise booklet useful:
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets

ARC booklet The Painful Shoulder: http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/patpubs/6039/6039.asp

Dont stop moving and being active as possible. We wish you the best of health for 2010.

Simona
  • lifeisadream
    lifeisadream Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Simona

I will ask my GP about the use of an anti-inflammatory (I am using over the counter Ibuprofen at the moment but have to stop after 4 or 5 days as it gives me stomach pain - mentioned this in another thread).

Not noticed this before, I do have swelling on my elbows, they have been feeling sore lately.

Paul