Re Sickness

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
Does anyone have a decent employer that cares abt their condition :?:

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi maria, I work for the NHS and I would say that even though they are the caring service, cant say that about looking after it's staff,

I have had no end of trouble with them, just about hanging on with my job, they say these sickness polices are there to protect you, just how exactly? It seems not if you have a disability.

Janie
  • maria09
    janie68 wrote:
    Hi maria, I work for the NHS and I would say that even though they are the caring service, cant say that about looking after it's staff,

I have had no end of trouble with them, just about hanging on with my job, they say these sickness polices are there to protect you, just how exactly? It seems not if you have a disability.

Janie
    Tell me about it! Just got new sickness policy in we get a written warning if we go over 3.9% well that will b me for life as my sickness record is due to my OA!
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    I too work for the NHS and agree totally. I've had to fight tooth and nail to keep my job and am constantly seeing occy health at my managers request. The latest was today because I happened to say to one of my colleagues before Christmas that I was quite sore that day. Next thing I know I'm hauled in front of OH to see if the job is too much for me. For goodness sake, they want me out but no way am I going. I'm very cross as the manager who wrote to OH has'nt even spoken to me since I came back to work :roll:
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Yes. I know what you mean! I am seriously considering applying for ill health retirement now, just had enough of struggling. Then I can please myself!

Janie
  • ritwren
    I won't apply for ill health retirement as I'm 51yrs, have plenty of work left in me if I was allowed to get on with it. :roll: From what I hear it makes no difference to the ESA or Jobcentre anyhow, they will still keep sending you for job interviews etc.... and it's all so stressful.
  • maria09
    Just spoken to my line manager & surprise surprise i am having a meeting with HR re written warning due to being over 3.9%
    I told her it wasnt acceptable & wud b having ny union rep at the meeting! That surprised her! :x :lol:
    Also spoke to a person in HR vry helpul put my mind at ease so might not get the written warning watch this space!
    Also rang the helpline above, very helpful lady gave me some useful websites & telephone nos so thank you
  • maria09
    ritwren wrote:
    I won't apply for ill health retirement as I'm 51yrs, have plenty of work left in me if I was allowed to get on with it. :roll: From what I hear it makes no difference to the ESA or Jobcentre anyhow, they will still keep sending you for job interviews etc.... and it's all so stressful.
    If u retire due to ill health why do they send you for job interviews!
    Ive worked for 27yrs so far why shud i have to get another job! this jobs knackered me as it is! DOH!
  • maria09
    ritwren wrote:
    I too work for the NHS and agree totally. I've had to fight tooth and nail to keep my job and am constantly seeing occy health at my managers request. The latest was today because I happened to say to one of my colleagues before Christmas that I was quite sore that day. Next thing I know I'm hauled in front of OH to see if the job is too much for me. For goodness sake, they want me out but no way am I going. I'm very cross as the manager who wrote to OH has'nt even spoken to me since I came back to work :roll:
    Mine seem slightly more caring! have u read ur sickness policy from cover to cover I have! Get ur union involved!
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    maria09 wrote:
    Just spoken to my line manager & surprise surprise i am having a meeting with HR re written warning due to being over 3.9%
    I told her it wasnt acceptable & wud b having ny union rep at the meeting! That surprised her! :x :lol:
    Also spoke to a person in HR vry helpul put my mind at ease so might not get the written warning watch this space!
    Also rang the helpline above, very helpful lady gave me some useful websites & telephone nos so thank you

There are employment laws.........union will help with these...HR also help...usually its local Managers with no HR, law background who dont know what theyre doing!
  • ritwren
    I spoke to someone at work today and have been told that my manager was just concerned about me and it was all very routine. She has reassured me a bit but I'm going to contact my Union anyhow just to put them in the picture.
    Thanks for all your support guys. It means so much.
    rita
  • ritwren
    Maria, glad to hear things are getting sorted out for you. Stick to your guns, there's no way they should be penalising you for an illness that is covered by the DDA. Good luck
    rita :)
  • maria09
    Im meeting my union rep on tues at work
    So feel much more happy about the meeting on the 14th
    I think its coz my manager is out of her depth re sickness policy & my rights Ive spoken to another manager who said she wudnt have gone this far with it as my illness is geniune mayb i shud take her as well lol
    Thank you for ur support will keep u informed