Hi all - and help!

karenjane
karenjane Member Posts: 90
edited 13. Jan 2010, 12:13 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all - I'm waiting for an appointment with a rheumatologist but in the mean time i was wondering if any of you has had similar sysmptons to mine.

I,m 41 and It started in August 09 with sore feet after i'd been sitting or when i got out of bed, this eases once i've got going but feet and anckles ache on and off during the day. In November i had severe pain in my left knuckle and numbness in the same finger (the numbness is still there) At christmas the pain spread to my right hand as well and now i have sore knuckles and aches in my hands and wrists. Also when i do certain things like pull off my childs welly i get an "exsplosion" of pain and tingling which lasts a few minutes.

Doethis sound familiar with RA? Xrays of my left hand haven't shown anything and all my blood tests are normal?

Would really appreciate any comments or advise

Thank you
x

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome Karen Jane
    Pain on and off in the same joints is common with R.A.Do your ankles feel stiff especially in the morning?Best to keep in contact with your G.P and hope they can diagnose you soon but if not lots of us on forum dont have a definate diagnoses.
    If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask on the other forums on the Arthritis care website.Look forward to seeing you out and about on the site.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • karenjane
    Thanks for your reply - Yes my ankle are stiff in the morning and after sitting down - they hurt too along with my feet but once i've walked around a bit it wears off. Have an app now on the 29th of this month but just hate the wait!

Thanks again.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    karenjane wrote:
    Hi all - I'm waiting for an appointment with a rheumatologist but in the mean time i was wondering if any of you has had similar sysmptons to mine.

I,m 41 and It started in August 09 with sore feet after i'd been sitting or when i got out of bed, this eases once i've got going but feet and anckles ache on and off during the day. In November i had severe pain in my left knuckle and numbness in the same finger (the numbness is still there) At christmas the pain spread to my right hand as well and now i have sore knuckles and aches in my hands and wrists. Also when i do certain things like pull off my childs welly i get an "exsplosion" of pain and tingling which lasts a few minutes.

Doethis sound familiar with RA? Xrays of my left hand haven't shown anything and all my blood tests are normal?

Would really appreciate any comments or advise

Thank you
    x

Hi Karen,

I hope you get an appointment soon. Cannot diagnose you as not medically trained and there are loads of different types of arthritis. What makes you feel you could have RA? Perhaps it is OA, PA or some other one.

I would try and be patient until you have an appointment date. Heat helps me when I am in pain in my thumbs, back and knee. i have OA.

Hope to see your name around the forum,

Take care,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • karenjane
    Hi - and thanks for your reply - My doctor said that my xrays didn't show any OA and he is concerned it could be RA as my brother has alkaline spondalitus - Hopefully it isn't! I think its because of the way the pain moves around the different joints that he is concerned about RA but as you say i will just have to wait and see.

Thanks again

Karen
    x