While We're Sharing...

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 27. Jan 2010, 04:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
My youngest is 6 years old and here's a transcript of a conversation we had at the weekend:

Jassie: Mama, when I grow up, I want to do your job.
Me: My job?
Jassie: Yes, I want to sit at your desk and I want to be manager. Work in a fire station.
Me: But that's my job!
Jassie: No mine.
Me: It's mine! What about me? What will I do?
Jassie: You'll be dead.

Nx

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Flipping heck Nina I would take to locking your bedroom door of a night if I were you! :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh nina...
    i'm sure....
    she didn't mean it....
    watch your back!
    Toni x
  • ninakang
    She has this disconcerting way of analysing things and coming out with stuff like this all the time. I will sleep with one eye open... :-)

She also asked her Dada ages ago "When you're old, will you walk with a stick?"

God knows what goes on in this little girl's mind!

Nx
  • frogmorton
    Mmmm....
    Nina
    it is a worry :wink:
    think the sleeping with one eye open is an idea :wink:
    Love
    Tonix
  • mellman01
    Honestly Nina i wouldn't worry about it, kids see things much differently than adults it's just the way she said it, also kids don't have any real perception of time as far they see it you get old and then that's it, I remember when I was 10 I had know idea of what time really meant and what it would be like to be old, I felt it wasn't anything to do with me as time seemed to stand still back then, and anyway other people got old I was going to be a kid forever, part true as my wife says I haven't ever grown up!.
  • frogmorton
    mellman01 wrote:
    Honestly Nina i wouldn't worry about it, kids see things much differently than adults it's just the way she said it, also kids don't have any real perception of time as far they see it you get old and then that's it, I remember when I was 10 I had know idea of what time really meant and what it would be like to be old, I felt it wasn't anything to do with me as time seemed to stand still back then, and anyway other people got old I was going to be a kid forever, part true as my wife says I haven't ever grown up!.

You know Mell

that's true.....

I remeber when I was about 11 thinking the sixth formers were adults....! :wink:
    I hope you never have to grow up too :)

Toni x
  • ninakang
    I remember watching Grange Hill and a 16 year old girl had a 24 year old boyfriend and I thought "but he's ANCIENT!"

I'm saving all these comments for when my girls are in their 30s... see how they like them!

Nx
  • mellman01
    Hi Nina and Toni no chance of me growing up senility is just round the corner!.

Well I have always said I came in this world toothless dribbling and incontinet and chances are I'm going to be going out in the same state
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Nina

I have the advantage of being able to imagine Jassie saying this, having met her. To other less fortunate readers, try to imagine one of the most adorable little girls you could ever hope to meet, with big dark eyes, and a very sweet nature. She would captivate your heart within two minutes of meeting her :!: :D

I think Jassie is very bright, and she was simply applying logic as only children can.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    Ahhh, Joan, that's lovely :-) Really made my day!

Nx