What's the worst meal you've ever had??

robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 2. Feb 2010, 03:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Be it home cooked or in a resturant, cafe, pub or any other eatery.

Must be some really dodgy grub out there, and good stories to accompany then......
Roba045.gif

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    scallops at a very posh restaurant.I was a few weeks pregnant with Lucy and I had awful sickness afterwards not the usual morning sickness definately food poisoning.I have NEVER eaten scallops since!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    I once went to a pub on my birthday one year and my husbends and daughters meal was ok they had curry i had steak which was burnt, the tomatos were burnt and the chips soggy i sent it back but the others had to wait for me to finish. also we had to wait ages in the first place. also ive been to a french resturant and had to send the chicken back as it was raw in the middle. and it was our wedding anniversery and we decided to go to go to the local chinese buffet resturant and it was world cup time and they hardly had any diners so the food stood for quite a while we ate our buffet went outside and were both sick all the way back home! from joanne
    Joanne
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Rob,

Stargazy pie...... the most disgusting thing known to man! Cris x
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    We flew to Bulgaria a few years ago, paid for meals on the plane.
    When the meals came it looked like pieces of rubber, and indeed it tasted and felt like rubber too. So we decided we would have to eat the desert, we opened the bag to find we had half an orange each.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Some years ago, thought we would go to a local pub for our Christmas Dinner. There was only the two of us and thought it would make a change.
    Upon arrival, had drink, chose menu. 35 min wait for starter - 1 hour for main course.
    We got so fed up with waiting, we went home. I'd got nothing in that was unfrozen, so had beans on toast for meal

Apparently the publicans wife was dead drunk and hubby was trying to do cooking aswell as doing the bar. What a shambles.
    So we had Christmas Dinner next day.
    Joy
  • maud48
    maud48 Member Posts: 170
    I went to China for work a few years ago and was taken out for lots of meals. Most of the food was lovely but it seemed that the posher the restaurant the more disgusting the food.
    I managed to eat most things, including silkworm cocoons but drew the line at LIVE prawns. They told me they were OK to eat as they had been soaked in alcohol so were too drunk to move but I still couldn't manage them so they took them away and cooked them for me,
    maudxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Rob,

Oh, Cris, I love it :!: :!: I'll have yours :!: :!:

Annie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    annie_mial wrote:
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Rob,

Oh, Cris, I love it :!: :!: I'll have yours :!: :!:

Annie

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: For real Annie? :shock: :shock: :shock: xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Yes, for real, Cris. I will eat any fish except smoked salmon, cos I don't like it!

The worst meal I had was when on holiday and got sold dead eels! I took one look and asked them if they thought I looked that mad!

Annie
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Dubrovnik 1989 boy was it bad, raw sea bass so I sent it back and hey presto back comes napalmed sea bass, (eastern block cookers obviously have only two settings full power and off), so I refuse to pay that kicks of the waiter big style he starts going off on one, so I do same, and boy when I go I pop, anyway it got really noisy lots of f’s and blinding from both sides, I’m bored with it now so I grab the war office and told her were leaving as I’m paying for charcoaled fish and before I could get out the door he threatens me with the police.
    Hmm I thought? it’s a 30 donkey note worth about £20 in real money or a night in the cells with 18 stone Ivan the goat herder and ex Spetsnaz gay monthly pin up, also thrown in would be a bit of fun and games, games like can you guess the setting on the cattle prod stupid English pig, or how many times can I hit your head before you pass out. So like a cowered I paid up and told him what a thought of him and his little goat infested country (which wasn’t really true as I had a really good time up till this point) anyway that’s me story, next time if it ever happens again I will send it back again and while gaspin's out back I’ll leg it!.
    :roll:
  • mellman01
    Sad but true mad as a badger! :P, it's true and I din't even mention the encounter with the local nutter on the way back to our B&B or the amazingly strong beer(13%)that I had been drinking, no wonder I couldn't stand by the time I had necked 2 pints of the stuff, it didn't taste that strong even the name didn't give away it's deadliness!, oh and it's name I remember was Bip?, should have been called C4 or Semtex if you ask me. :shock:
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    Pie and mash with liquor. Yuk,
    I was so disappointed. Had been looking forward to trying it for years.
    Only tried it once. Perhaps there is better out there but haven't found it yet.

Steph
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    My Dad gave me a lukewarm sheep's brain sandwich when I was a kid .....YUK ...don't suppose a bite counts as a meal though :?

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    A dish at a restaurant in Ontario Canada

Masquerading as a vegetable lasagne.

It appeared on the table looking like a large
    suet pudding, no vegetables to be found, no tomato
    sauce!!!!! and no cheese.

Needless to say I didnt attempt to eat it and when I
    complained that it didnt resemble lasagne was told thats
    how we make it here.

Kath
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    Tuesday at the Toby Carvery in Goring...bloo**y horrid unless you like rubber fat beef and deep fried potatoes - supposedly roasts - :cry: and i dont think the waiter had had $*x for a year because he was in a foul mood :lol: !!! NOT a place i will be returning to !!!! Sally.xxx :D
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    at a summer wedding it was very hot. melon for starters not cut to eat easly so was a night mare, then lamb shanks (salad would have been better) pud was nice so was the wine
    val
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    I never really eat out ..

I used to work in a kitchen .enough said there!!!

A nd if on the odd occation i do.. If im not happy i would never send it back..... ENOUGH SAID THERE ALSO... :shock:

Home cooked is the best by far. cause if u dont like it u can cook something else and no its safe lol

hope i havent put anyone off eating out now .lol xx
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi,

The worse thing I have eaten was while I was working at an exhibition in Germany. I asked the german lady to suggest something the local like, she suggest a white sausage (don't ask me to spell it). OMG, I took two bites and I was sick as a parrot. I spent the rest of the day vomiting. I asked her what was inside the sausage - she replied "pure fat".

Years later, I still gag when I think about and DO NOT recommend it.

Eve
  • mellman01
    lindalegs wrote:
    My Dad gave me a lukewarm sheep's brain sandwich when I was a kid .....YUK ...don't suppose a bite counts as a meal though :?

Luv Legs :|

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's just so wrong! :shock:
  • mellman01
    chile168 wrote:
    Hi,

The worse thing I have eaten was while I was working at an exhibition in Germany. I asked the german lady to suggest something the local like, she suggest a white sausage (don't ask me to spell it). OMG, I took two bites and I was sick as a parrot. I spent the rest of the day vomiting. I asked her what was inside the sausage - she replied "pure fat".

Years later, I still gag when I think about and DO NOT recommend it.

Eve

Thank god you posted this I was thinking about trying some the other day!. :shock:
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Mellmann01,

So glad you didn't try it - trust me.

Think it's called wise wurst? something like that.

Eve
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    a continental breakfast buffet with dried figs[ they were my favorite ] till i bit in to one and fount a live grub :roll:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx