Hello, new boy here. 32yr old with Osteoartritis both knees

pmart77
pmart77 Member Posts: 4
edited 30. Jan 2010, 19:07 in Say Hello Archive
Just wanted to say hello.
I'm still getting used to the fact that I have got this, but it's hard, especially at work, everyone says I look fine!

Does anyone else get that?

Comments

• simon123
    simon123 Member Posts: 9
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    pmart77 wrote:
    I'm still getting used to the fact that I have got this, but it's hard, especially at work, everyone says I look fine!

Hehe, you know, I'm 32 and have only just been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, but this was all brought on after I slipped 2 discs and had spinal surgery, but you are right, unless people actually see you limping or with pain in your face, they do just thinks that you look ok!

Anyway, good to have you here and get in touch if you want to say hi!

Cheers,

Si
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    pmart77 wrote:

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum. Do join us on the other zones. Sounds very familiar :roll: some peeps who do not have arthritis cannot get their head around it at all, because we have not got our arm in a sling or a bandage around our head. :roll: :lol:

Look forward to seeing you posting more,

Take care
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi Pmart77,

Wanted to say welcome 8)

I get that alot and get weird looks when I have to stop walking and take a rest. Im 45 with SLE, Fibromyalgia and RA yet even my rheumy nurse says I only look in my 30's. I say Im glad I look young but shame my inside is ageing faster. Even pensioners walk faster than me lol.

That's the problem with these illnesses, like everyone has said unless we have a limb missing, others think we look fine. Shame they cannot measure the pain on a scale 0-10 cos I know mine would be at the top :( .

I find it really hard coming to terms with the fact I look fine on the outside yet awful inside. When I look in the mirror and see I look ok it upsets me that I cannot be as active as I used to be.

Wish people were more understanding.

Take care xxx
    Eve
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Yes Pmart

We all LOOK fine!!!

Ignore em!!!

Have they said you're'a bit young for that' yet too :?:

Hope to see you on the forums

Love

Toni xx
  • countessheather
    countessheather Member Posts: 114
    Oh yes! If people are not being told ` they look fine or your looking so well' then if they become wheel-chair users they become `invisable'. :(