cervical ostioathritus

tinalyn
tinalyn Member Posts: 4
edited 31. Jan 2010, 07:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi my neck is getting worse so im going to be having a disctomy and fusion, im wondering if i will end up in a wheel chair in the future. i used to run marathons and was a fitness instructor, im 46, and feel my life is over, is there hope? :cry:

Comments

• chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tinalyn,

Just wanted to send you ((((( hugs ))))).

love x
    Eve
  • tinalyn
    chile168 wrote:
    Hi Tinalyn,

Just wanted to send you ((((( hugs ))))).

love x
    Eve
    ha ha thank you :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Tinalyn,

First welcome to the forum, they really are a nice lot here. Sorry your necks doing this but well I used to think mine would do that to me and it hasn't so there is a good hope yours wont to you either. With the disctomy and the fusion it should be better and well out of all the symptoms I ever have fear is the worst and yet, as time passes, the least founded. I really do wish you every luck and have you got a date yet? A cyber hug and a ton of hope for you. Cris
  • tinalyn
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Tinalyn,

First welcome to the forum, they really are a nice lot here. Sorry your necks doing this but well I used to think mine would do that to me and it hasn't so there is a good hope yours wont to you either. With the disctomy and the fusion it should be better and well out of all the symptoms I ever have fear is the worst and yet, as time passes, the least founded. I really do wish you every luck and have you got a date yet? A cyber hug and a ton of hope for you. Cris
    hi im having a nother scan on 11th feb because 18months ago only 1 disc was a prob i had steroid epidural in july that didnt work. and now another disc is causing problems to the nerve in my other arm, plus the other cervical discs are bulging , im seeing the dr on 12th april to discuss the surgery that will be performed. im terrified i will end up in a wheel chair.
    ps yes you do all seem a nice bunch :) x
  • kingarthur
    kingarthur Member Posts: 55
    tinalyn wrote:
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Tinalyn,

hi im having a nother scan on 11th feb because 18months ago only 1 disc was a prob i had steroid epidural in july that didnt work. and now another disc is causing problems to the nerve in my other arm, plus the other cervical discs are bulging , im seeing the dr on 12th april to discuss the surgery that will be performed. im terrified i will end up in a wheel chair.
    ps yes you do all seem a nice bunch :) x

Oh my, i too have been diagnosed so far with Ostearthritis in Cerviacal region, and it is very painful....

But I didnt realise it could get worse! (Doctors not telling me everything maybe?)

Im sending you ((hugs and love)) and light.....be safe
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    I'm sorry you have to go through all this, life just isn't fair. I send you lots of love and hope all goes well for you.
    Love Sue :wink: xxxx