Update from ESA post

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 30. Jan 2010, 14:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

Sorry I hav'nt posted for a few days, partly I have been busy reading and trying to find out as much as I can about esa appeals, which is a depressing topic anyone in this position has my sympathy. I think I've got my facts straight and I've written, for my own use at the moment, an account of how the medical went. I think there are a list of things that were disregarded and and can be proved medically. However, whether this will make a difference, I don't Know. Bloody ESA!!! :shock:

Also, we have had a new kitchen fitted this week and the house is a tip and I can't find anything, also the electric was off most of yesterday, so no computer! :( The builders have just this minute, finished and are clearing up! :D I love the new kitchen, it looks fantastic, and a higher oven will be wonderful! :D:D

The down side is I seem to have reached a physical low point today, as my joints are swellingand painful, I feel a bit under the weather, and my ankles seem to be joining in with quite a lot of glee. Seeing the doc on Monday, theirs quite a bit to say and talk about. My physio is still on the 'possible ra'track, so I suppose I will have to question the poor doc again!

Sorry, not a very cheerful post, but I'm nothing like as depressed as I was, so thats good. Just to let you all know, I have'nt forgotten you! :D:wink: Love Sue

Comments

• chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sue,

Wanting to send you (((( hugs )))).

Glad your kitchen is finished and that oven is higher as Im sure it will make it a little easier.

What is ESA?

Love x
    Eve
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I have no advice but wanted to send you gentle hugs.
    xx
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Hi Sue,
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling very well. Hope you are feeling better soon, sending you a very gentle hug.
    I've been through one appeal with ESA and heading towards the tribunal. Just waiting on a date for it.
    The best advice I can offer is not to expect anything. I've gone into the ESA process with every expectation to not win. With the appeal, I sent letters from my consultant and documents from my work detailing how I tried to stay in employment. I pointed out that elements of the medical were incorrect but they dismissed these without comment. I was turned down on the basis that I had not provided any extra evidence. Now I've got letters from my GP, OT and consultant - just wondering how many professionals I need who known me for 12yrs to beat their 'professional' who saw me for 20mins?

Oh, and they always manage to send you the rubbish letters on your worse day. Its a hell of a knack!!

Keep your chin up chuck!

Jen[/quote]
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    calming hugs to you , don't give up ,its wrong that people with very little knowledge of specific illnesses can make a decision about how it can affect a person , the consultants and drs study for years to be able to treat people xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Sue

It's no wonder you were down after your ESA medical. Lots of people seem to be in a similar position. You're doing something positive by getting your facts in order - this will help in your appeal.
    Horrific the way people are being treated.

Glad you like your new kitchen and eye-level oven. My OH is preparing evening meal - he's chopping away. I'm going to curl up on the settee and watch tv.

Take care.
    Sharmaine

woodbon wrote:
    Hi,

Sorry I hav'nt posted for a few days, partly I have been busy reading and trying to find out as much as I can about esa appeals, which is a depressing topic anyone in this position has my sympathy. I think I've got my facts straight and I've written, for my own use at the moment, an account of how the medical went. I think there are a list of things that were disregarded and and can be proved medically. However, whether this will make a difference, I don't Know. Bloody ESA!!! :shock:

Also, we have had a new kitchen fitted this week and the house is a tip and I can't find anything, also the electric was off most of yesterday, so no computer! :( The builders have just this minute, finished and are clearing up! :D I love the new kitchen, it looks fantastic, and a higher oven will be wonderful! :D:D

The down side is I seem to have reached a physical low point today, as my joints are swellingand painful, I feel a bit under the weather, and my ankles seem to be joining in with quite a lot of glee. Seeing the doc on Monday, theirs quite a bit to say and talk about. My physio is still on the 'possible ra'track, so I suppose I will have to question the poor doc again!

Sorry, not a very cheerful post, but I'm nothing like as depressed as I was, so thats good. Just to let you all know, I have'nt forgotten you! :D:wink: Love Sue
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Sorry to hear you arnt well you have been through a lot lately havent you hope you get well soon from joanne
    Joanne