holiday insurance

Options
julies
julies Member Posts: 68
edited 31. Jan 2010, 06:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys
Long time since I've been on this site so i'll give those of you who remember me an update on Sam's condition.
He is doing much better with the medication he is on, still in constant pain but more able to cope with it now. He still has some really bad days, but struggles on.
He got really good results in his Highers last year and has been offered a place at University to study Architecture.

Anyway the reason for my posting today. Does anyone know of a good company for travel insurance? We now have 3 in the family with medical conditions, Sam with arthritis, my husband now has a heart condition which he has been hospitalised 4 times in the last year and I have been left with really bad asthma after having Swine Flu.
I tried Allclear but they wanted over £400 for a weeks holiday.

Hope one of you clever guys can come up with something
love
julie

Comments

• sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I used Staysure when I went to the Bahamas last year. Other companies were ridiculously expensive. You can find them online. It cost us £85 (me with all my medical problems: hypertension; hiatus hernia and OA and my OH eczema) for a 3 week break.

Sharmaine

julies wrote:
    Hi Guys
    Long time since I've been on this site so i'll give those of you who remember me an update on Sam's condition.
    He is doing much better with the medication he is on, still in constant pain but more able to cope with it now. He still has some really bad days, but struggles on.
    He got really good results in his Highers last year and has been offered a place at University to study Architecture.

Anyway the reason for my posting today. Does anyone know of a good company for travel insurance? We now have 3 in the family with medical conditions, Sam with arthritis, my husband now has a heart condition which he has been hospitalised 4 times in the last year and I have been left with really bad asthma after having Swine Flu.
    I tried Allclear but they wanted over £400 for a weeks holiday.

Hope one of you clever guys can come up with something
    love
    julie
  • rb1234
    rb1234 Member Posts: 24
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I used Columbus for annual multi trip worldwide cover last year as they didn't load the premium too much. In the past I have also used Europeassist (think that's what they are called) I spent 4 months in the USA and they were by far the cheapest for that.

Good luck. I'd love to hear how you get on. I have to look at finding a new policy again soon and having just had a hip replacement i am expecting it to be pricey!