Steroid Euphoria

annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 31. Jan 2010, 14:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
This always happens to me - high dose of steroids and I'm bouncing off the walls not to mention running across the ceiling. I'm too restless to concentrate on any one thing for more than a few minutes and hubby and the cat would have left home hours ago but it's too cold out there!

Anybody got any ideas on how I can focus myself or find me something I can submerge in for a couple of days? (The cold bath has already been mentioned and so has a bucket of cold water - several times :!: :!: :!: )

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: YEEEEEEHAAARRRR :!: :!: :!:

Annie

Comments

• bobbid
    bobbid Member Posts: 85
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Annie

You are fortunate to be experiencing euphoria, it is not something most of us get very often. But I suppose I do appreciate that you can have too much of a good thing.

Can you channel this into something creative? Do you write poetry, stories, music or anything like that? It was probably someone feeling just like you when he wrote "Whiter Shade of Pale".

Or is it a physical thing? Are you hyperactive? It would be a good state to be in when the lawns need mowing or the garden needs digging, but that is no use on a freezing cold day like today. At the risk of being accused of having a one track mind, it seems to me the best place to be would be in bed - with a surprised and hugely appreciative OH!

BobbiD
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    annie_mial wrote:
    This always happens to me - high dose of steroids and I'm bouncing off the walls not to mention running across the ceiling. I'm too restless to concentrate on any one thing for more than a few minutes and hubby and the cat would have left home hours ago but it's too cold out there!

Anybody got any ideas on how I can focus myself or find me something I can submerge in for a couple of days? (The cold bath has already been mentioned and so has a bucket of cold water - several times :!: :!: :!: )

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: YEEEEEEHAAARRRR :!: :!: :!:

Annie

Well, he could tie you down. Getting out of that could keep you occupied for a little while. Plus a few unmentionables!
    Sorry, my mind working overtime!
    Steph
    Steph
  • annie_mial
    Hmmmmm, talk about one-track minds..........unfortunately hubby is grappling with terminal manflu.......quite apart from the fact that we are past the age of athletics..............and I can concentrate on one thing for only about 10 minutes at a time!

I wish I could go out and dig the garden, but there are two problems, a) it's too cold for me out there and b) no garden.

I've been sitting here and humming my mantra 'it will pass, it will pass, it will pass' but so far it hasn't helped much.

Annie
  • annie_mial
    That's a real point, Jan............and it uses up a lot of energy, nervous and otherwise!

Annie
  • annie_mial
    yep, shame im past the age of bothering !!! :lol::lol:

I know that feeling :!: :!: :!:

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    annie_mial wrote:
    yep, shame im past the age of bothering !!! :lol::lol:

I know that feeling :!: :!: :!:

Annie

me to lol .

what about making scones do not take long and you can eat them, or start stripping a wall oh can finnish it in 10 mins you will get lots off lol. other than that you will just have to chat to us
    val
  • annie_mial
    Mmmmm, might think about the scones tomorrow, trouble is I'm not much good at cakes and sweet stuff...........

Hubby would be surprised!

Annie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Have you calmed down yet Annie???

Don't have any ideas, but saw someone I know like this once and it distressed me. I hope you feel ok?

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    Hi, Toni - I'm calming down a little now, the first few days are the worst I find.............I get a peak now in the evenings and then I collapse in a heap........it really isn't funny.

The best way I've found to cope with it is to make a lists of all the things I need to do and all the things I'd like to do, stick grimly to the first one and indulge in the second one as rewards....
    but it doesn't make me a good companion!

Annie