maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
Why do i bother trying to work if this is how im treated :x :cry:
We r going to appeal got a good Unison rep supporting me Thank God

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Maria yy thoughts are with you, I have a feeling I will be joining this select little club sooner than later.
  • maria09
    Hi
    Doesnt it just piddle u off! :x
    Ive worked there for 27yrs they have had their pound of flesh & I get treat like a convict!Do i want to b off sick? NO! Do i want Arthritis? NO! but i got it & deal with it best way i can! :x
    Mayb i shud just go for early retirement & stuff em
    They wont get any1 more hard working than me!
    But im on a work to rule now making sure i get my coffee break & lunch break & leave on time which i very rarely do!
    If im off sick again in this 6month period i get another written warning & then if it doesnt improve them the kick me out :x
    Sorry for the rant
    But cant say anything to my mates at work as dont want to get HRs back up
    Thank you for ur support it is greatly appreciated
    M :)
  • maria09
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Maria yy thoughts are with you, I have a feeling I will be joining this select little club sooner than later.
    Maybe we shud start a club lol
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    delboy wrote:
    Fortunatel I was at an age where retirement was an option and made their intransigency work for me and got a damn good deal out of it. It was hell for a while though.

So was i Delboy.....now i can look for a job where someone wants and appreciates what i can offer rather than having to go cap in hand and beg.

If you can afford it...**** 'em off!!! a025.gif
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi
    Doesnt it just piddle u off! :x
    Ive worked there for 27yrs they have had their pound of flesh & I get treat like a convict!Do i want to b off sick? NO! Do i want Arthritis? NO! but i got it & deal with it best way i can! :x
    Mayb i shud just go for early retirement & stuff em
    They wont get any1 more hard working than me!
    But im on a work to rule now making sure i get my coffee break & lunch break & leave on time which i very rarely do!
    If im off sick again in this 6month period i get another written warning & then if it doesnt improve them the kick me out :x
    Sorry for the rant
    But cant say anything to my mates at work as dont want to get HRs back up
    Thank you for ur support it is greatly appreciated
    M :)

You would be treated better as a convict! :roll:
  • issymknight
    issymknight Member Posts: 99
    I'm part of the written warning club mine runs out 18th of next month. Mine was not for my RA as that is covered under the DDA mine was for having swine Flu. I know how you feel though because we dont know how our body will be day to day. I get regular flare ups and me and my manager have noticed that if I catch the flare up early and take day of work to rest rather than trying to work through it and making it worse. This has improved my sickness record a lot. I used to work when I had first signs of flare up and then ended up being off for 2-3 weeks at a time. where as now I only have days at a time. It has taken 3 years to finally work this out as with this illness its all trial and error. If you have a good union rep they could suggest this. I also have a Wednesday off as it gives me a rest day in the middle of the week. Again this was down to my union rep asking for reasonable adjustments
  • maria09
    I'm part of the written warning club mine runs out 18th of next month. Mine was not for my RA as that is covered under the DDA mine was for having swine Flu. I know how you feel though because we dont know how our body will be day to day. I get regular flare ups and me and my manager have noticed that if I catch the flare up early and take day of work to rest rather than trying to work through it and making it worse. This has improved my sickness record a lot. I used to work when I had first signs of flare up and then ended up being off for 2-3 weeks at a time. where as now I only have days at a time. It has taken 3 years to finally work this out as with this illness its all trial and error. If you have a good union rep they could suggest this. I also have a Wednesday off as it gives me a rest day in the middle of the week. Again this was down to my union rep asking for reasonable adjustments
    Is OA covered under the DDA?
  • issymknight
    issymknight Member Posts: 99
    What I was told was that I have a long term illness that requires medication to keep it under control. The DDA treats my illness as though I dont take any medicine meaning that it would have an adverse effect on my day to day life without medication. That was how the HR described it to me as I couldnt undersand all the gobbly gook and ask her to explain in simple terms.

My boss has also taken responsibility for reasonable adjustments for me. This means that I start later missing the rush hour commute and I have Wednesdays off meaning I work 2 days have 1 days rest then work 2 days. Since doing this over a year ago my sickness record improved tremendously.

So if OA is the same as above then your covered by the DDA.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Maria!
    Issymknight is right......under DDA you are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long term adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities.

You should not be discriminated against in any way because of your disability. eg. if you need to take leave because of your condition it is good practice on the part of an employer to discount this in any calculation on performance related pay or in counting total sickness absence when starting disciplinary proceedings relating to sickness absence.

It's a hard battle when trying to access the support you need to keep you in your job, but if that's what you want then don't give up!':roll:'

You could also contact Jobcentre Plus and ask to speak to a Disability Employment Adviser; they can arrange an assessment of you/ your job and make recommendations as to the support you need and that they can provide.

The http://www.equalityhumanrights.com%20website%20has%20a%20lot%20of%20very%20useful%20information%20about%20your%20rights%20and%20employers%20duties.%20Alsowww.rheumatoid.org.uk has very good self help guidance on employment issues you can read online or send for.

Iris x
  • maria09
    Thank you every one for your support
    I am appealing im just waiting for my unison rep to ring so we can sort out the letter
    Im sure they make it so confusing im sure they do it to make u change ur mind! My appeals policy is 83 pages long!
    All my work mates well most of them r vry supportive
    some of em dont give a **** but they r always like that! lol
    Im working to rule & feel a little better for doing so
    My boss is supportive but is following HR advice rather than wot she really thinks
    Ive got till 12/2/10 to send my letter in so watch this space
    Thanx again guys its good to have ur support!
    Oh technically i cant b off sick for 6months!!My boss doesnt think i wud get another warning but as i said i dont trust em now! If ive got 1 now for OA im bound to get 1 if off again with OA Doh its not rocket science!! Rant over lol x
  • cutieclaire
    cutieclaire Member Posts: 134
    I have currently been given a oral warning due to my sickness levels. I am having lots of tests and every week having appointments at the hospital. I have been given an extra 3 days of sickness to the next 6 months, If I go over these I will get a written warning. The medication I have just been oh gave me a horrible stomach, so thats a day down!!! I really do understand and feel for you. I get so frustrated with the rules and regulations with all this. Its very difficult to understand where my employers are coming from due to the company I work for!!! :?:
    I am sure its against the DDA you know. Sometimes I go into work in such pain and many of times I have sat there at my keyboard not being able to move my hands!! Any ideas on how to stop the seezing up? Really good reading peoples clips and the support you give. Just being diagnosed makes you feel very isolated and helpless. Thanks xxx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    maria09 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

Sounds like a plan to me!, I'm still at work but still treated like I have some orible illness and or I'm swinging loads of lead about, knees are ok for now but I will be in for a flare sure enough just waiting for it to visit.
    My OC health Doc has brought up sick leave the last 2 times I have seen him, so they are talking about it for sure, I've got to a point where I can't let it get to me or it will get me really down, sad really as I was alway's a hard worker and had so many plans that have all gone west.
    I will be made redundent in less than 3 years god knows how things will go then, I will be seen as just another cripple on the take. :roll:
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi Maria,

So glad you have a good Union Rep.

I say don't give in because if they suck you then they will have to give you compensation. My sister became ill not RA but ill due to work, her union rep was brilliant, she got given a solicitor too and I encouraged her to fight to the end, she did and was award a nice compensation.

Good luck hun and I hope your union rep rips them apart. :):)

Eve x
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    maria09 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    Can I join...???...im going through hell too...( see my post...) :shock:
  • maria09
    chile168 wrote:
    Hi Maria,

So glad you have a good Union Rep.

I say don't give in because if they suck you then they will have to give you compensation. My sister became ill not RA but ill due to work, her union rep was brilliant, she got given a solicitor too and I encouraged her to fight to the end, she did and was award a nice compensation.

Good luck hun and I hope your union rep rips them apart. :):)

Eve x
    i think she will she said we will fight this to the end so fingers crossed