Newbie to the forum

nuttynana
nuttynana Member Posts: 44
edited 6. Feb 2010, 12:13 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

Just wanted to say hi - currently off work due to a reaction (or so it appears) to the Anti TNF Humira - 2nd anti TNF, and will be reluctant to go back on it, or any other TNF!!

How have others got on with TNF's and what sort of reactions have people had?

Helps to hear from others going through it - other people try to understand when you just say you feel 'rubbish', but actually don't really understand.. just wish I could put into words how I really feel.

Nuttynana

Comments

• chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nuttynana,

I am not on TNF or treatment as Im refusing them. I would like to try alternative medicine first. Im sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment but glad that you have found this forum.

Just wanted to give you a BIG WARM WELCOME :).

I have only been here for a couple of weeks and the people are really friendly, supportive and also willing to have a joke which is very much needed for the soul. No-one mind answering questions and don't even mind if you just simply want to have a moan and let it out.

Hope to see you in other forums too, take care hun xxxxxxx

Eve
  • nuttynana
    nuttynana Member Posts: 44
    Hi Eve

many thanks for such a lovely welcome. I had tried several meds before agreeing to TNF's and initially Enbrel worked brilliantly - had energy and felt well!!! then reacted to it, so it was stopped and then Humira started and felt ok, RA was well managed, didn't feel quite so full of life, but not being in pain was great, but now this!!!

Will keep in touch via the forum - it is a good support from people who know first hand what it's like to live with this daily.

Thank you..
    Hazel xxx
    chile168 wrote:
    Hi Nuttynana,

I am not on TNF or treatment as Im refusing them. I would like to try alternative medicine first. Im sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment but glad that you have found this forum.

Just wanted to give you a BIG WARM WELCOME :).

I have only been here for a couple of weeks and the people are really friendly, supportive and also willing to have a joke which is very much needed for the soul. No-one mind answering questions and don't even mind if you just simply want to have a moan and let it out.

Hope to see you in other forums too, take care hun xxxxxxx

Eve
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi,
    Just to say welcome to this site, sorry i can't help with your questions, but I am sure someone will come along who can, you will get lots of support on here.
    Look forward to seeing to seeing you on the other sites.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi Hazel, I wanted to welcome you, too!

I've been on MTX since October last year and so far getting good results, so haven't resorted yet to any of the others.

Hope yours settles down and that you get some relief.

Love
    Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Hazel

Just wanted to say Hi and a big Welcome to you.

I'm sorry I cannot help with your questions as they are still trying to find a med to suit me yet.

The Forums are very good. The members are all friendly and support you when you need it, or if you want to have a rant that is fine too.

We also like to unwind and have a laugh. You are most welcome on any Forum.

I do hope you find what you really want, to help you also hope it works.

I also hope that we will see you posting soon.

love Trisher xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Nutty nana

(are youy nutty???)

just wanted to welcome you from me too :) Very pleased to meet you and hope to see you on the forums in the future.

Take care

toni x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hello Nutty ?

What a user name You should go on the Chit Chat site and look at

WHAT DOES YOUR USER NAME MEAN TO YOU or something. I think it will be interesting reading in your case.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Looking forward to having a chat with you, maybe talk about your problems You can learn so much from the others on Living with Arthritis site and Chit Chat site.

Nice to have you on board and hope to chat with you soon.

Joy