Acupuncture

Options
jennyanydots
jennyanydots Member Posts: 49
edited 4. Feb 2010, 12:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi has anyone had acupuncture for their arthritis and fibromyalgia ... I am having it next week at the pain clinic and wondered how it went did it help at all ....

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jenny, I think you will find that quite a lot of us have had acupuncture for various types of pain. It seems to be successful in many cases - mine was for head, neck and shoulder pain and worked wonders during one very bad winter.

I'd get more any time I could!

Annie
  • bluebeard
    bluebeard Member Posts: 260
    Options
    I have mine starting monday

xx
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I've had regular acupuncture sessions for over a year. Mine are given by my Physiotherapist at the local hospital and I'd be lost without her. I find it a great help especially with my neck pain. I hope it helps you. Good luck.
    rita
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hey,

I've had it for a few different things and found that it helped 2 conditions but not the other one. So go for it!!
  • bluebeard
    Options
    I started today
    been offered 3 sessions at first

how often will they give it to you if it works ?

totally painless
  • bluebeard
    Options
    ritwren wrote:
    I've had regular acupuncture sessions for over a year. Mine are given by my Physiotherapist at the local hospital and I'd be lost without her. I find it a great help especially with my neck pain. I hope it helps you. Good luck.
    rita

how often do you get it /

and how long do the effects last ?

I always thought it was a con but the physio who gave uit to me today said lots pf people have it dobe for pain relief
  • jennyanydots
    jennyanydots Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi all and thanks for the input .. i was to have it last week but have had flu in the new year and it has lingered on my chest i have asthma and the damp weather is keeping me indoors ... i am being sent a new appointment ... they said not to come while my chest is bad ..... but with all of the positive remarks i will definitly go with an open mind .....

jennyanydots