Hi

littlebear
littlebear Member Posts: 3
edited 9. Feb 2010, 10:00 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone
My name is Di and I have been diagnosed with OA in both hips and degenerative spondythesis in my back. I'm 54 years old and up to having this I was very active and healthy.

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hello littlebear!
    welcome to this very friendly forum! i have rheumatoid arthritis, i had oa in my hip but after having it resurfaced it is much better!
    i look farward to chatting to you sooin!
    sue
  • littlebear
    littlebear Member Posts: 3
    suzster wrote:
    hello littlebear!
    welcome to this very friendly forum! i have rheumatoid arthritis, i had oa in my hip but after having it resurfaced it is much better!
    i look farward to chatting to you sooin!
    sTue
    Thank you so much suzster. Please can you tell me what resurfacing is? I'm not at all sure what help is available. Thank you
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Can't help with the resurfacing, but I'd like to say hi, too. Come and join us wherever you want to!

Annie
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi Di and welcome :)

People are friendly, supportive and also like to have a laugh in the chit chat forum - helps to take mind away even if it's for a short time.

Hope to see you in other forums xxxxx

Eve
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Littlebear,
    I am 59 with OA of both hips and knees, and also in my back, so we have something in common, people on hear are really friendly, you ask questions, have a moan and come in to the chit chat and have a laugh.
    Re your question, resurfacing has been offered to me, they smooth out the bone on your hip, ratherthen replace the whole hip.it can only be used in certain cases.Not sure which.
    Hope to see you posting more soon
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Welcome to the forum Di! :)

I do hope you will join us on the other zones. It can become addictive but is harmless :lol: Please ask any questions you may have on the Living with Arthritis zone as more peeps look in on there and you will be assured of replies. Even if we do not have the answers, you will most definitely get support. The Chitchat zone is very lively too, if that rocks your boat. :)

Look forward to hearing more from you soon,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hello Di

Sorry you have had to join us, but do hope you find this site helpful and supportive.
    I'll be 50 this year :shock: and have the dodgy hips and knees OA but am lucky enough to still be working PT.
    Do phone the helpline with your questions or put them on the Living with forum. People will help if they can or send a hug if they can't. You are not on your own.
    Take care
    Chris
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Di

A very warm welcome from me.

I do hope that you will enjoy your visits here. We are a friendly lot. Jump in and join us.

love Trish xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    A big warm welcome from me too!

hope you enjoy being part of the forum family. look forward to chatting with you! Iris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Di

i love your name - littlebear :D

good to meet you and a big welcome to the site from me too :D

I hope you will find it useful - i'm sure you will and supportive too :D
    Hope to see you about on the forums

Toni xx