hello all.newbie here!!!

Options
kimnihill
kimnihill Member Posts: 3
edited 13. Feb 2010, 11:00 in Young people's community
Hello all.thought this would be the best place to post as i consider myself to be a "young person"

im kim,24 and i have had stills disease-chronic rehmatoid arthritis from the age of 9 with no other family members suffering from it.I have a 18month old daughter-arthritis free so far-and i have had 2 hip resurfacments at the age of 14 and 17.

Im desperate to meet other younger people like myself to talk about my arthritis with as to be honest i dont know anyone who has the same condition as me or anyone who truly knows what its like to have these problems.It would be fantastic to hear from any other mums also and talk about how you go about life as a parents because to be honest im getting no help from anyone other then my partner and im suddenly finding myself in a huge flare up and wondering how the hell im going to "do" things.hope someone is able to help.... :oops:

Comments

• kirsty123
    kirsty123 Member Posts: 42
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    kimnihill wrote:
    Hello all.thought this would be the best place to post as i consider myself to be a "young person"

im kim,24 and i have had stills disease-chronic rehmatoid arthritis from the age of 9 with no other family members suffering from it.I have a 18month old daughter-arthritis free so far-and i have had 2 hip resurfacments at the age of 14 and 17.

Im desperate to meet other younger people like myself to talk about my arthritis with as to be honest i dont know anyone who has the same condition as me or anyone who truly knows what its like to have these problems.It would be fantastic to hear from any other mums also and talk about how you go about life as a parents because to be honest im getting no help from anyone other then my partner and im suddenly finding myself in a huge flare up and wondering how the hell im going to "do" things.hope someone is able to help.... :oops:

Hi Kim , im Kirsty,im also 24. i dont have any kids myself but work in a nursery so Im surronded by them all day, it must be hard having a wee one and going through such a tough time, but i guess she will also cheer u up, welcome to the forum , love and hugs Kirsty xxxx
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kim (and Kirsty)
    im older than you 34 but still think im young :lol:
    i have a nearly 3yr old and a 14yr old and work part time in a playgroup, i have RA and can really sympathise with you.
    if i can help in any way i will try, feel free to pm me if you like.
    all the best x