Really Good Fingerless Gloves :-)

skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 22. Feb 2010, 19:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

A while ago someone posted about the gloves beginning with a N that are made of the same stuff as wet suits..... I really don't know what they are called but well a good fiend gave me a pair and you know I honestly can recommend them!

They are warm, they help with grip and you know what, and I know most of you wont find this needed but..... they stop the baler tine on a bale of hay from digging into you hands while you carry them :D Believe me bale carrying and I are having problems now a days :wink: I want to find self walking ones....

Anyway back to the gloves, I have tested them out big time and the best thing my knuckles are not as swollen today as they usually are cus they actually offer quite a bit of support and are easy to work in ........ So if your thinking of getting some they re really good :D I'm sorry I can't remember the name of em, or who posted the post or even how long ago it was :oops: I do just about know how I am these days :lol::lol::lol: You all take care Cris x

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Cris,
    those gloves sound great! I will be watching this post to see if anyone knows what they're called.
    Meantime, glad they help you with the baling,,,,sounds pretty painful, with or without good gloves! ':roll:' Irisxx :roll:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Cris, Iris and Lynn

Was it Neoprene?

Had a quick search on here, which I can never quite get the hang of, but these gloves were mentioned in one thread, some time ago, but I got the impression the poster was asking about them ie if they were any good.

Hope you are ok on this very wet, Monday morning. Well, it is here. :roll: :)

Love
    Elna xx
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Are they flexible Cris? I do need some fingerless gloves for warmth but need to hang onto my crutches.

Take care
    Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    They sound great Cris, glad you found something to help :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    Hi Iris,

Bales have always been horrible :lol::lol: The pa is going after my hands wrists and elbows with vengeance and these gloves have so a few multi purposes :wink: And this morning I discovered they are waterproof and wind proof :D Much better than the old woolen ones..... Just got to work out how to wash them :lol: Hope you wrist and knee is ok? Cris ((( ))) x

Hi Lynn,

Sounds lie them but I get confused ( there's a shock for you :wink: ) over whats a brand name and whats the material...... They are wet suit material no doubt about that but like you said black with a red inside and really help :D ((( ))) xx

Hi Elna,

That's the stuff they are made of, thank you for knowing..... you'd thin as I was wearing them at the time (might still be :wink: ) I 'd have some idea but I just couldn't remember the word :oops: :lol: Hop your ok and your knee is coming along ok? ((())) xx

Hi Del,

Your brilliant and thanks for finding it :D x

Hi Elizabeth,

They have taken a bit of breaking in but yep they are flexible but still offer a bit of support if that makes sense? If you have ever worn a wet suit they are as flexible as them. I got problems with my wrists to say the least and they come just over the back of the swelling and even help that :D Sadly just gone over and landed on my knees again (if I don't do that at least 2x a week now I think something is wrong with me now a days :roll: ) and s ever stuck my hands out and it didn't hurt s much as normal I guess cu they are warm..... wonder if I can get some for knees :wink: ((( ))) x

Hi Legs,

The little things we find that turn turn into huge bonuses eh? I been thinking about getting some but its not been a good year and when she gave them me I was like a kid at Christmas..... as long as they had toys..... You ok up there? ((( ))) xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hey Cris

Nice tip for us eh?? Bet theyre good for clearing snow too :D

Those bales sound particularly viscious to me :x

Good when we find usefull things to help us isn't it :)

Thanks for that

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    Hi Toni,

They might well be and for making snowballs :wink: However....... I'd sooner not test out that theory...... I don't cope so well with snow and ice :roll: You might all have noticed :oops:

Hey they are really good and well when I saw the knuckles wee less swollen as well I did think...... these are good :D ((( ))) xx
  • karenjane
    karenjane Member Posts: 90
    I have these and they're great - yep black on the outside and red inside - Got them from a site called funky arther.

I've found they really help when my hands "hurt" as well - pop them on for a couple of hours and its much better. I type in them, walk the dog in them, everything!
    xx
  • skezier
    Hi Karen,

Glad its not just me that thinks they help :wink: I am thinking of sleeping in them actually... best wash them though..... hey any idea are they washed or sponged? A few days and look at them :oops: :lol::lol: Cris x
  • skezier
    Hi Lynn,

Think when I done for the day I might just wash them while wearing them..... two things at once eh? :lol::lol::lol:

I thought I had a pair of the back along but they weren't in the same league and you are so right anything that helps now a days is so good :D ((( ))) xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Cris.
    i know what it's like to carry bale's of hay.
    the string cuts in to your fingers and they get sore
    cris have you tried putting the hay in a wheelbarrow that's what i used to do.
    take care joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • skezier
    Hi Joan,

They really do don't they? No wonder i have 'working' hands :wink: The calves have turned the gate and across bits to a quagmire and i can't get the barrow through it cus I can't push one now a days, can pull it but its like going over a mica pit :roll: Self walking bales that's what I need :wink: Luv Cris xx
  • lindalegs
    skezier wrote:
    ..... You ok up there? ((( ))) xx

Cris, you'll have everyone thinking I'm dead and this is a seance :shock: :shock: .........okay join hands everyone if you want a chat with me :lol::lol::lol:

I'm thinking there're alot of folk into rubber on this site now :wink:

Take care Cris and hugs (((((( :D )))))) to you.

Love, Legs x
  • skezier
    lindalegs wrote:
    skezier wrote:
    ..... You ok up there? ((( ))) xx

Cris, you'll have everyone thinking I'm dead and this is a seance :shock: :shock: .........okay join hands everyone if you want a chat with me :lol::lol::lol:

I'm thinking there're alot of folk into rubber on this site now :wink:

Take care Cris and hugs (((((( :D )))))) to you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Well I'd still speak to you..... will you answer....... one knock yes..... :lol::lol::lol: Legs I needed a laugh so ta muchly (((( )))) xx
  • lindalegs
    Knock :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

XX
    Love, Legs x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Hay Cris good you got something to help.
    my son has a knee surport made of that stuff his is black and blue inside, i hand wash it comes up great.
    cant you strap the Bails to slipper boys back then they would be running bails. :lol:
    you called doc yet?
    told you i would bug you :wink:
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    skezier wrote:
    Hi All,

A while ago someone posted about the gloves beginning with a N that are made of the same stuff as wet suits.....

Hi Cris

It's called neoprene....and it is used for making wet suits, boots and gloves for diving, kayaking and canoeing. Nice and cosy!!!

B x
  • skezier
    Hi Legs :lol::lol::lol::lol: xx

Hi page,

he'd do it though where they would end up I hate to think :lol::lol: I did ring them...... the good it did...... and had a 2 min consultation over the phone with just one thing so ....... I not too happy about it but thats what they are like I afraid..... Bubbles and ((( ))) xx

Hi B

They are so good and well its nice to have a bit less swelling especially just now cus I am off the anti-inflammatories for a bit :shock: Hope your ok? x