Interview

porrig
porrig Member Posts: 25
Hi,

I have RA, and I have a job interview this week. Do I need to declare my condition during the interview?

So far the only impact RA has on my working life is that once a month I have a blood test because I'm on MTX. I also have hospital appointments approx every 3-4 months. My current employer is happy for me to work from home on these days (I live 30 miles away from the office).

Thanks, Mike.

Comments

• rach1986
    rach1986 Member Posts: 32
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Porrig, if I'm right you do have to tell your potential employer about your RA, however if you tell them that it shouldn't affect your work, and explain everything in full they should be understanding. It wouldn't be a good idea not telling them, and then having to spring it on them when you have to go for blood tests.

Good luck at the interview :lol:
  • porrig
    porrig Member Posts: 25
    Thanks rach1986.

I just don't want them googling the symptoms and deciding I'll eventually get too tired to do a full day, or any overtime, when required.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi I thought you don't have to tell them but if you don't they could take a dim view of you/it, it's something to do with your medical info and the human rights and ther fredom of information act and the need and the right to disclose personal information to others who are not qualified/entiteled to have access unless you give cosent.
    Grey area really and a bit of a catch 22.
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Hi Mike,

Good luck with the interview and fingers crossed for you.

Malc :):)