Update

Options
rosebud
rosebud Member Posts: 52
edited 23. Feb 2010, 05:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thanks for all the support and advice last month when I was diagnosed with OA in my wrist.

It seems to be spreading to my other wrist now :(

On a more positive note - I got in touch with my HA. I already have leaver taps in my kitchen and they have agreed to install them in my bathroom, didn't need any kind of assesment done, quite surprised, they are coming on March 8th

Been back to see my Doc. She seemed much more supportive this time. Is refering me to physio to look at excersises to hopefully stop my oa getting worse and to look at splints and possibly accupuncture. Told me to carry on taking nurophen when needed but prescribed me co-drydomol for when it sometimes gets really bad at night!

So, thanks again for the support and for sharing your stories, it really is helpful :D

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rosebud

So pleased to hear that you feel you are getting the help that you need now although I am sorry to hear that your other wrist is beginning to become affected too. It does make all the difference, doesn't it to feel "cared for" by the medics? You are always welcome here too and do call in as often as you wish.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Hi Rosebud

Well done.

You must be feeling so much better now - you have a plan :) That always helps doens't it?

You take care

Love

Toni xx
  • rosebud
    rosebud Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Cheers folks. Yeah it does help to feel you are being taken more seriously.

To any other newbies reading, if you feel fobbed off by your Doc, persist, go back until they listen. If not find another Doc who will!