Arthritis And Diabetic Neuropathy

Options
susanjanemoon
susanjanemoon Member Posts: 28
Hi, I have Arthritis in both knees and an ankle, I also have Diabetic Neuropathy in both feet, both hands and my face. My G.P backed me up for a Blue Badge which I was accepted for. I am contemplating applying for DLA any idea if I have ay chance of recieving it. I used to work 4 days per week, but have had to cut down to 2 per week because of the pain standing and walking. I am on Lyrica, and Amyltriplene, and Tramadol for the nerve pain and Arthritis. Please can any one advise me. Thanks

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

It sounds like you probably have a good chance of getting DLA, however, we are not benefits experts and it all depends on how you fill in your form. It would be a good idea to ring up your local council to find out where your local Welfare Rights worker is based and get some help from them to fill in your forms to ensure it is done correctly so that you get your DLA.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Simona
  • merv6268
    merv6268 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Apply for it and DLA should be yours. The description of your arthritis and neuropathy is very similar to mine and I got the benefit. My walking limit is approx 75m on the level and I also require help with dressing as well as 'monitoring at night. Go for it you've got nothing to lose.
  • susanjanemoon
    susanjanemoon Member Posts: 28
    Options
    merv6268 wrote:
    Apply for it and DLA should be yours. The description of your arthritis and neuropathy is very similar to mine and I got the benefit. My walking limit is approx 75m on the level and I also require help with dressing as well as 'monitoring at night. Go for it you've got nothing to lose.

Hi Thanks since I wrote the post I have applied, and am awaiting a reply. Since then I have also been diagnosed with Arthritis in my Toe Joint my Thumb Joint, both wrists, both elbows, and my left shoulder.............as well as severe in my left knee. The cold weather isnt helping obviously. My GP has said hed back me up as much as he can. Fingers crossed.