EARTHQUAKE CHILE

chile168
chile168 Member Posts: 384
edited 12. Mar 2010, 13:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Everyone,

I woke up this morning crying as I head my country has been hit by an 8.8 earthquake and possible Tsunamis.

I have managed to contact my father and thank GOD he is fine and family members are fine but awaiting news about my sister and friends.

Please join me in a PRAYER

THANK YOU all for the support

Eve

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Eve (((( ))))

So sorry love, have not seen news yet today. This is awful for you. Hope you hear from your family and friends soon. I am thinking of you and saying a prayer with you for all those people out there.
    God bless
    Chris xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi Eve, watching news now, my thoughts are with you at this time.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi Eve, just sending you my thoughts at this difficult time, hope your family remain ok love Jaspercatxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Eve, only just caught up with the news...........thinking of you and your family, hope you get good news soon.

Annie
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Eve, i hope you here very soon from your sister and friends, my thoughts are with you.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Dear Eve,

I have only just learned about the earthquake on Sky News. I am so sorry, and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Please keep us up to date will you?

I wish we could do more to help.

sending a big ((((((Eve))))))))

Trish xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Eve i just answered you over on the LW forum but really glad they are safe. Luv and another ((( ))) Cris x
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Eve my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time, hope you hear from your sister and friends soon xx
    julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Eve,

Our thoughts are with you. I hope that there are no more victims of this disaster and that your friends and family are all safe.

Jean123 and the forum Team
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Thinking of you dear Eve and do hope you hear soon that your loved ones are safe. My heart goes out to you.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    chile168 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I woke up this morning crying as I head my country has been hit by an 8.8 earthquake and possible Tsunamis.

I have managed to contact my father and thank GOD he is fine and family members are fine but awaiting news about my sister and friends.

Please join me in a PRAYER

THANK YOU all for the support

Eve

Hi Eve

you were the first person I thought of when I heard the news this morning.

Of course I will join you and send all my best wishes to the people of Chile.

I am so sorry but relievd to hear that your family are, at least ok.

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Just saw the news and immediately thought of you Eve. I am so pleased your father is alright.
    That was a massive earthquake. I think 8.6 was the biggest up til now but i may be wrong.
    Take care Eve.....
    Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    And Delboy too. Glad they are all safe,
    Regards
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • chile168
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your amazing support.

Im still waiting to hear about my sister but managed to speak to my father and an aunt again today. It's still difficult to get through understandably phone are on and off.

We also heard a friend who is out there visiting her family is okay and I have passed the message to her son which has settled him a bit.

I was in a lot of earthquakes while I lived in Chile and was about 6 yrs old when there was one at 7.1 (1971), still vivid in my memories. I am praying for my family and all the people of Chile as well as all countries that are on alert.

My mind is all over the place. Friends of mine are still trying to contact loved ones out there.

Delboy so pleased that your sister's in law's family is safe.

I will update you guys - thank you once again for all your support. It's truly appreciated.

Love x

Eve
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Eve
    I am so gald your family is safe, and I pray that the rest of your family and friends are safe.
    I will say a prayer for everyone in Chlie, and hope that helps gets to them very soon.
    Love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    I heard about this on the news incar going out today. They were saying that they are keeping their watch on the tsamami risk.
    What a terrible thing and I will pray that your family are safe. You must be very worried Eve.

My prayers will be for you tonight

Joy
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi Eve, I hope you hear from the rest of your family & friends soon. I hope they are all safe.
    My thoughts are with you & your family & friends.
    Luv debs
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    I have a special candle. I have lit it for you, and your family and friends Eve, and all the other people who are suffering.........Ange.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hello Eve

I am thinking of you, and I hope that you will have good news of your friends and family.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Eve, Just a little note to let you know that we are thinking of you and remembering you and all the people of CHile in our prayers.

I hope you soon get good news from your sister.

love and hugs
    WOnky
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Eve,

My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope you get through to the rest of your family.

Love Anne x
  • chile168
    Hi Everyone,

Once again thank you all so much for your support and kind words.

According to some reports on the net Chile has suffered 115 aftershocks and one hit Chile this morning at 08:25 local time - 6.9 Richter.

Im trying to contact family again but only got through to my father's answering machine and will keep trying throughout the day. Im of course very anxious and can't take my mind away from it.

My father told me that he was starting to collecting water as that could be affected. Was told that his house was fine and only a few things broke. My cousin is an architect and works for the government and is appointed to work and deal with emergencies such as this. The other thing, Chilean people are used to earthquakes and they leave the building or stand by front entrance doors. Lines are understandably still on and off so it's still difficult to get through.

I was disgusted to see the looting going on in Concepcion, I understand the need to loot and take food but not other items. Chilean police do not take the **** and will clamp down heavily.

Eve
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    My thoughts are with you Eve at such a difficult time , xxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • chile168
    Another update,

I have just spoken to my father :) and pleased to say he is fine. He has been in contact with my sister and she too is fine.

He said that in Chile they have said that there has been 215 aftershocks. The have announced that the south is like a war zone and my cousin who works for the government have been out to affected areas and they estimate that it will take 5 years to rebuild.

My father also heard on the radio that they believe that tremors will continue for at least 3-4 months so you can imagine I will be on tender hooks for a long time.

My father is also disgusted by the looting. He also heard on the radio from mother's and they do not agree with the delinquent behaviour of those who are looting for other merchandise and but they are wanting food for their children such as milk.

Chile is so mountainous that people can go higher up the hills in case of Tsunamis. My father also said that Vina Del Mar and Valpariso central coast not hit badly by Tsunami.

I know not everyone one is religious and whether you are or not, I so appreciate your support.

Bertyboy - thanks hun.

Eve - will keep you updated by chilean news
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    thats good news Eve at least you have the news that they are all well xxxxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx