Semi rant (:

katherine810
katherine810 Member Posts: 67
Going to work today with a swollen ankle, my knees hurt, my fingers - well i wont even go there, and yet im going in to work to do drying up, taking food out to people and clearing tables so lots of standing and stuff with my hands.

All because i feel stupidly guilty and feel like i cant phone in sick, i have no idea whats going to happen when i go in :/ I could hardly walk on my ankle yesterday but i iced it last night and im just hoping its going to be okay today.

Hmmm i just needed a rant (:
Everyone at home, well i dont know its almost like they dont know why im even concidering being off work today, so im going in :/

Maybe if i do it'll all go away and get better:) Hmm nice though anyway xD
I better go, thankyou for the rant, katherine xx

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Katherine

So sorry love, been quiet in this bit today, though some us do have to work weekends eh! Just wanted to acknowledge your rough day and send a hug or two ((( ))). Hope you did feel ok if you did go in and that the ankle, knees and fingers held out for you.
    I really hope you have had a better evening, take care of yourself.
    Chris xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Katherine,

I have only just seen your post and hope that if you did go into work (even better if you didn't) that you haven't put your joints under too much pressure.

you are entitled to rant! so feel free to let it all out here on the forum...sometimes I think that this is the only place where we are truly free to say how we feel without fear of criticism or judgement.....
    so just you go ahead.!

how are you feeling now?
    please take care not to push yourself too hard....... when all is said and done work is not the most important thing in our lives, so take time off if you need to for the sake of your health.

Irisx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi know what you meen but sometimes it helps to keep mind ocupied hope you took care not to over do things. bet you would have if you stayed home if others were there you would have ended up waiting on them by the sounds of it get your feet up again when you get back let some one wait on you for a change good luck val
    val
  • katherine810
    katherine810 Member Posts: 67
    dorcas wrote:

how are you feeling now?
    please take care not to push yourself too hard....... when all is said and done work is not the most important thing in our lives, so take time off if you need to for the sake of your health.

Irisx

Hmm would've been a nice day if i didnt drop a load of trays on my swollen ankle! so now its bruised and even more swollen! Im so clumsy!

Im feeling alot better today thankyou although the ankles still bad... im in a happy mood :)

Thankyou all so much for your support, means alot to me and makes me feel so much better knowing theres people who will listen :)

Lots of love,
    Katherine x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Katherine,
    glad you are having a better day...but sorry you dropped that tray on your poor ankle! ouch!

be sure to rest that leg as much as possible..and I hope you get a decent night's sleep... nothing like sleep to fix the body and refresh the mind. Irisx