Hooray Free from Written Warning Club

issymknight
issymknight Member Posts: 99
Well todays the day. I'm no longer a member of the written warning club as my 6months are up today. I still had time off due to flare ups.
Trouble is dont know how long I will be out off the club depends on RA.

Issy

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well todays the day. I'm no longer a member of the written warning club as my 6months are up today. I still had time off due to flare ups.
    Trouble is dont know how long I will be out off the club depends on RA.

Issy

d025.gif
    well done
    val
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Thats good news im still in the written warning club 4 months left to go!
    There is no way im giving them the satisfaction of another written warning so no matter how bad my OA is im going in!!
    Im working to rule now & making sure i get my 15mins break in am & 30mins lunch & going home on time! This must b a first in the last 10yrs!
    Im also waiting for my appeal date should find out by Friday
    HR have already been arsey abt my letter of appeal! They stated i said it was unfair (which it is ) but i didnt say that! Good job my union rep had a go them!
    But saying that in the appeal policy they mention unfair so wots their problem!
    Also have to go back to see Occ Health Dr only saw him in oct & he said i was fit for work & since then only had 3 days off sick so it seems a waste of mine & his time! At least im going to see him in works time
    Im totally disallusioned in work Ive been there 27yrs & this is wot i get HASSLE! Sorry end of rant!
  • ailsamary
    ailsamary Member Posts: 38
    dont know whom you work for but as i said on a different post, check your policies, i work for the nhs and have found that disabilty sickness MUST be counted seperatly from other sickness,

i've even had to argue this with HR, ( i was right) who dont always know their own policy's,

whilst i understand its very tiring, make sure you fit your corner, cos unfortunatly no one else will
  • maria09
    ailsamary wrote:
    dont know whom you work for but as i said on a different post, check your policies, i work for the nhs and have found that disabilty sickness MUST be counted seperatly from other sickness,

i've even had to argue this with HR, ( i was right) who dont always know their own policy's,

whilst i understand its very tiring, make sure you fit your corner, cos unfortunatly no one else will
    I work for NHS too but new policy changed 23rd Dec any1 over 3.9% gets written warning no matter wot!& it lasts for 6mnths Thank god for unison who by the way didnt agree with the policy & certainly didnt sign it off!
  • ailsamary
    maria09 wrote:
    I work for NHS too but new policy changed 23rd Dec any1 over 3.9% gets written warning no matter wot!& it lasts for 6mnths Thank god for unison who by the way didnt agree with the policy & certainly didnt sign it off!

thats naughty of them, suppose it maybe depends on which trust, if you can show that the sickness is disability related may be worth going down the discrimination route, as surely then if disability related cannot warrant a written warning

our lot brought in this bradford scoring and work from that, it SUGGESTS that disability leave is counted seperatly, fortunalty for me as i said our sickness policy does state that it is still counted seperatly despite HR arguing the case that it didnt,

you should have an eqaulityand diversity manager in the trust have you had any contact with them?
  • maria09
    ailsamary wrote:
    maria09 wrote:

thats naughty of them, suppose it maybe depends on which trust, if you can show that the sickness is disability related may be worth going down the discrimination route, as surely then if disability related cannot warrant a written warning

our lot brought in this bradford scoring and work from that, it SUGGESTS that disability leave is counted seperatly, fortunalty for me as i said our sickness policy does state that it is still counted seperatly despite HR arguing the case that it didnt,

you should have an eqaulityand diversity manager in the trust have you had any contact with them?
    Not sure will check ta for that info
  • opal1266
    opal1266 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Maria,

just found this, sorry about your appeal, but I work for the NHS as well. Last in the past 2 years I've had 115 day off sick, not including the a/l I had to take to prevent another 12 weeks off. Our hospital have signed up to the 3.9% sick as well. I was well over the limit, but when I pointed out exceptional circs, I was in hospital for 53 days (21 of them in the one where I work) they backed off and agreed to waive the sickness.

The point is if OH recognise your "sickness" and you go off for that cause then HR should recognise it and use the exceptional circs clause. I would go back and argue this is an exceptional case and as OH are involved in your care they should back off.
  • maria09
    opal1266 wrote:
    Hi Maria,

just found this, sorry about your appeal, but I work for the NHS as well. Last in the past 2 years I've had 115 day off sick, not including the a/l I had to take to prevent another 12 weeks off. Our hospital have signed up to the 3.9% sick as well. I was well over the limit, but when I pointed out exceptional circs, I was in hospital for 53 days (21 of them in the one where I work) they backed off and agreed to waive the sickness.

The point is if OH recognise your "sickness" and you go off for that cause then HR should recognise it and use the exceptional circs clause. I would go back and argue this is an exceptional case and as OH are involved in your care they should back off.
    Thers no point we all have been well & truely stitched up! Talk abt the caring NHS! Its all to do with profits! Too many people in carpetland. My saying is trust noone! Take care Maria x
  • ailsamary
    having not been on the boards much recently, i just wanted to do an update on where my nhs is, fortunatly we have an equality and diversity manager and i shot an email off to her enquiing about "disabilty" sickness being counted seperatly from normal sickness and quoted the part in our policy, (we use bradford scoring) she agreed and the result now is when someone phones in sick they are asked if it is disablity related, if it is it aint counted towards sickness scoring, and we dont do a back from sick meeting, makes life a lot asier and some folk have had loads taken out of they're scoring,

whilst i personally havent had an apology - well that would be expecting too much - al the sisters have been told about this and the matron has admitted to them that she didnt know about it, it also has reverberated on those whom are pregnant as their pregnancy related sickness is now also counted seperatly

sometimes the fighting does work
  • maria09
    Im out of the club too its been a struggle but ive managed yippee! X