Summons from HR

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
Hi all well just got a summons from the HR boss for a meeting at 0800 hrs on the 16th of this month, this morning the union have come to see me but is not sure which way this will go but I think it will probably be to do with my amount of sick leave, the company Doc has covered me under the DDA which I am really grateful for but what can happen?, union say they could try and go for incapability but he seems to think that this wont happen due to the doc covering me under the DDA but I just have bad feeling with it right now. It could be nothing but right now I am just numb with worry, as I said to the rep does anyone think I like being like this, what is it with people isn't the letter from my surgeon enough for gods sake. Sorry I'm a bit angry and worried right now. :x :?:

Comments

• markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi all well just got a summons from the HR boss for a meeting at 0800 hrs on the 16th of this month, this morning the union have come to see me but is not sure which way this will go but I think it will probably be to do with my amount of sick leave, the company Doc has covered me under the DDA which I am really grateful for but what can happen?, union say they could try and go for incapability but he seems to think that this wont happen due to the doc covering me under the DDA but I just have bad feeling with it right now. It could be nothing but right now I am just numb with worry, as I said to the rep does anyone think I like being like this, what is it with people isn't the letter from my surgeon enough for gods sake. Sorry I'm a bit angry and worried right now. :x :?:

Don't want to worry you but i was covered by dda as well !,don't be too surprised if they go for in efficiency.

A lot depends on size of company just listen to what gets said,take notes and keep your fingers crossed!! i hope that you have a good rep. g025.gif
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    I have 1 question how much time off sick have you had? How do they work it is it as a % Our policy states if we go over 3.9% we get a written warning which is where im at so i do know how your a feeling its like a kick in the teeth you try & work to your best ability & its not enough! Mines at 5.9%
    Does your firm have a capability policy? Mine does all 22 pages of it!
    If your covered by the DDA i thought they couldnt sack to but retire you do to ill health!
    Do you have a Occupation Health Dept at work if so they may be able to offer you some support
    I have no words of advice but just to let you know we all support you on here as we are or have been going thro they same
    Take care & keep strong dont let the ******** get you down
    Mx
  • markc1
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi
    I have 1 question how much time off sick have you had? How do they work it is it as a % Our policy states if we go over 3.9% we get a written warning which is where im at so i do know how your a feeling its like a kick in the teeth you try & work to your best ability & its not enough! Mines at 5.9%
    Does your firm have a capability policy? Mine does all 22 pages of it!
    If your covered by the DDA i thought they couldnt sack to but retire you do to ill health!
    Do you have a Occupation Health Dept at work if so they may be able to offer you some support
    I have no words of advice but just to let you know we all support you on here as we are or have been going thro they same
    Take care & keep strong dont let the ******** get you down
    Mx

Trust me Maria they can dismiss you.......and they will do dda or not.
    As some of us have found out. :cry:
  • maria09
    How awful! Why do we bother!
  • markc1
    maria09 wrote:
    How awful! Why do we bother!

Because as you rightly said don't let 'em grind you down! a lot of people (me included) thought the dda was like a cross to Dracula....but i'm afraid its not.Fight them yes but if they want rid of you they will.It comes down to how much fight you have in you and its stressful and tiring when your not 100% fit as most of us on here are.
  • mellman01
    Thanks for the honest advice peeps, I think the term oh bugger comes to mind! :shock:
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi

I tihnk the others are right, they can dismiss you but it takes a lot longer as an able bodied person because they give you more chances? Not sure if that makes sense really. Could you ring up the HR boss to find out what it is about? Did you get a letter explaining why they want to meet you? I think it's only fair that you have some kind of idea to prepare yourself.

Please keep us posted, do these people think that we want to be in pain all day everyday, struggle with everyday things, feel rotten all the time? The govt want to be thankful to us that we want to try to work and give us the backing, i.e. flexible hours, etc to help us stay in work. Sorry I'm ranting now. Apply for DLA now Mellman.

Janie
  • mellman01
    Hi Janie, the HR dep have not bothered with me for over 18 months now, my/the union is quite strong here, I have discused with him my worries about making me take part time work as I have a patern of my health failing around mid week which is not surprising due to me having OA in both kneecaps, he informened me they can knock me down to part time but due to union rules here they would have to pay me a full wage.
    Bottom line is I am quite concerened about my prospects but am getting tired of all the fighting. Up until my illness I had a good sick and time keeping record, never late in 8 odd years and I was always keen and did a lot of extra work on shift to help the team out, now I'm ill my shift don't care about me and all my past good deeds have gone for nowt, makes me angry as I have always believed hard work and honesty is the proper way to go, now I get dumped on a scrap heap and treated as if I am taking the rise whilst I see others here taking masive liberties with sick etc and they get left alone, makes me bloody p%$@d off to say the least.
    I will post after the 16th so you all know my fate OK.
  • maria09
    I know exactly how you fell as going through similar we cant give in & let them win :x
    Ive worked form mine for 27yrs & have never skived off work & must say im one of the hard workers all that seems to count for nothing! :x
    Ive got to go see Occ Health DR again for thie third time! Last saw him in Oct when he said I was fit for work! Only had 3 days off sick since then!
    Feel like im being victimised!
    A feeling of dispair setting in!
    Ive got my written warning appeal the day before yours
    What a club to be in lol
    All I can say is keep strong & dont give in!
  • markc1
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Janie, the HR dep have not bothered with me for over 18 months now, my/the union is quite strong here, I have discused with him my worries about making me take part time work as I have a patern of my health failing around mid week which is not surprising due to me having OA in both kneecaps, he informened me they can knock me down to part time but due to union rules here they would have to pay me a full wage.
    Bottom line is I am quite concerened about my prospects but am getting tired of all the fighting. Up until my illness I had a good sick and time keeping record, never late in 8 odd years and I was always keen and did a lot of extra work on shift to help the team out, now I'm ill my shift don't care about me and all my past good deeds have gone for nowt, makes me angry as I have always believed hard work and honesty is the proper way to go, now I get dumped on a scrap heap and treated as if I am taking the rise whilst I see others here taking masive liberties with sick etc and they get left alone, makes me bloody p%$@d off to say the least.
    I will post after the 16th so you all know my fate OK.

Yep,this seems a familiar story.Good luck and don't agree to anything without running it by us. :?
  • markc1
    mellman01 wrote:
    Thanks for the honest advice peeps, I think the term oh bugger comes to mind! :shock:

I think you need a lot stronger phrase!!!!! :roll:
  • mellman01
    markc1 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

I think you need a lot stronger phrase!!!!! :roll:

Ha yeah your right but I can't post what I want to say on here.
  • ailsamary
    ailsamary Member Posts: 38
    hi there

just want to put my tuppenceworth and support as well,

i've had this fight for 4years now and have always won, cos I've had all the knowledge at my fingertips, its very tiring and wearing at times but it can be done,

as long as they are a decent sized company then they cant dismiss you until they proved they've made "all reasonable adjustments", in my case this means i dont work in the busiset parts and get to sit often, i was also offered assistance with getting to work ,but didnt need this at the mo,
    check the company's equality or disabilty policy, see if they have an equality and diversity manager, get them on your side, research everything on the web as there's as wealth of knowledge there, both on this site and the goverment equality site, get printed copies of anything relevent

try and think of any points that they may come up with and find reasonable alternatives

in my case this meant demonstrating that by taking certain posts i still freed other staff to cover the othe areas, i described how i would cope in an emergency, - getting help out is the first response, and other things that they came up with, dont depend on the union, whilst most are good, they also dont necessarilly have all the info unless they are specificlly disability trainned,

anyway hope all goes well an kee your chin up, though it may also be a point to add that you are finding all this HR and uncertainity very stressing
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Just wanted to say good luck for your meeting. I hope it goes well for you.You've had good support and advice on here as always. Sometimes things are not as bad as you fear, I hope this is one of those times for you.
    rita
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi mellman!

I agree with everything that's already been said. Just wanted to add my good luck for the 16th and say to you not to lose heart and keep fighting if you can.

I've been fighting my corner since October last year when it was 'suggested' after assessment that I could not meet the physical demands of my job and therefore was to be moved or kicked out on my ear . But I did not accept that that was the only option and fought tooth and nail to make sure my employers understood their duties under DDA and had proper assessments of what was required to keep me in my current job.

I can now finally see an end in sight and I have a meeting with my bosses, OH, HR, Access to Work, Union and OT tomorrow to agree a way forward.

It is stressful mellman and you will need help to get through it, as I did. The bottom line is that you need to know about your rights under DDA and what 'reasonable adjustments' you are entitled to. Be prepared to challenge what you don't agree with and use every means of support you can muster.

let us know if you want contact numbers or websites that specifically deal with work related issues and DDA....or please pm if that would help. Irisx
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Good luck....
    Its always horrible to have to go in a meeting with HR as you always think the worst.....
    I also have had a battle with work....the company is really good but my manager is a t*a*( whoops)....and doesnt think disabled people should work....even tho im bloody good at my job :shock:
    Rant over.....lol
    please let us know how you get on...
    xxx
  • mellman01
    Thanks for the support all, I'll post as soon as I have seen the wicked witch of the North on the 16th.
  • margie1
    margie1 Member Posts: 57
    Hi

I have a meeting with occ health to see the nurse on 9th march. HR rang me saying i cant go back to work until i have seen her, I was due to start back on 1st but told to get a sicknote to cover me for this week, cant see my GP till 17th :roll: not sure if GP will give me a note :? as HR told me to stay off until i have seen occ health.
    I am not looking forward to it keep thinking manager wants to get rid of me as she went to HR to put her concerns about me doing the job :roll:
    good luck for the 17th hope all goes well for you :D

take care
    marg x
  • mellman01
    God there's still over week to go before the gestapo see me and I'm already gettin butterflies!, god it's not nice when you feel as welcome as a cockroach on a white carpet does it. :shock:
  • maria09
    mellman01 wrote:
    God there's still over week to go before the gestapo see me and I'm already gettin butterflies!, god it's not nice when you feel as welcome as a cockroach on a white carpet does it. :shock:
    Me too mines a week today AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH Just had my union rep over for 3 & half hours God shes good lets hope it works out for both of us nxt week at least we know what we are both going thro GOOD LUCk thought if i shouted it ther would be more luck for you
    Keep strong Mx
  • dorcas
    maria09 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    Me too mines a week today AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH Just had my union rep over for 3 & half hours God shes good lets hope it works out for both of us nxt week at least we know what we are both going thro GOOD LUCk thought if i shouted it ther would be more luck for you
    Keep strong Mx

good luck to both of you! anything any of us can do to help just let us know....
    remember you know best what supports are needed to keep you in your job...so tell them ...and use DDA to fight for your rights! Irisx
  • mellman01
    Hi Mario and dorcas well at leat I'm not alone then, sorry to hear your in the same boat as me Mario, ho hum one minute your a useful valued member of a team the next it's like you have murdered the bosses cat!(sorry cat lovers), I don't know about you mario but all the crappy comments get right up my hooter it's like water torture. I had my line manager show me an article about OA and RA in the work place, when I told him I'm labeld as disabled by the company Doctor he just laughed saying what does he know!.
    I get crap like that every flippin day.
  • dorcas
    mellman,

Your boss is a right eejit!

I think we should start a new topic 'Idiot Boss of the Week' that we could all post comments on....might even be very therapeutic?

Yours' would come high up the leader board :!: :wink: (pardon the pun) Irisx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Mellman just wanted to wish you luck, I'm going through the same thing as well good luck.
    Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • maria09
    Cant sleep thinking of Monday plus got other stresses going on but thats another story! Good luck for Tues i will let you know wot its like. Do you feel like they are against you? Its an us & them situation but we are better than them & we will win! They are not worth it! Keep strong Maria x