disapointed

Options
mythree
mythree Member Posts: 21
edited 16. Mar 2010, 10:23 in My child has arthritis
my three year old daughter was diagnosed may last year oligo arthritis she had steroid injections and was put on ibroprofen . she coped really well and the injection but we have been told she now has it in both ankles and needs the injections again and also needs insole boots because she is very flatfooted and its harming her joints. to be honest because its been a few months i thought that was it arthritis gone now i just dont know what to expect very niave i know. sorry just needed to rant xxxxx :? :? :? :? :?

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello

I am so sorry to read that your little girl will have to have more injections and so on. At least you can call in here and have a rant and let of steam. It must be so very difficult and upsetting for you.

I noticed that you answered Dawn's (Tattymouse) message on the other zone, thank you for doing that. I hope that she may perhaps private message you. There are other mums on here with little ones diagnosed with arthritis but they don't call in so much probably because mums are always so very busy.

My heart goes out to you all - it must be heartbreaking to see your children in pain and distress.

Luv
    Elna x()
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi There,

I am sorry to hear about your 3 year old. My daughter was diagnosed at 3 and she is now 8!
    We have just been told she has Extended Oligo now so was a bit of a kick in the stomach.
    While sitting in the hospital waiting for our appointment there was a little girl who looked about 3 who reminded me of my little girl at that age and to think we had been going for 5 years now is heartbreaking but you some how just get on and do what you have to do.
    I hope your little girl is one of the ones that grows out of it or has long times in remission ( i dont like this work) but thats what the dr's use!
    We all need to have a good rant now and then.

Take Care & hugs to your little one
    Sam
    xx

mythree wrote:
    my three year old daughter was diagnosed may last year oligo arthritis she had steroid injections and was put on ibroprofen . she coped really well and the injection but we have been told she now has it in both ankles and needs the injections again and also needs insole boots because she is very flatfooted and its harming her joints. to be honest because its been a few months i thought that was it arthritis gone now i just dont know what to expect very niave i know. sorry just needed to rant xxxxx :? :? :? :? :?
  • mythree
    mythree Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi There,

I am sorry to hear about your 3 year old. My daughter was diagnosed at 3 and she is now 8!
    We have just been told she has Extended Oligo now so was a bit of a kick in the stomach.
    While sitting in the hospital waiting for our appointment there was a little girl who looked about 3 who reminded me of my little girl at that age and to think we had been going for 5 years now is heartbreaking but you some how just get on and do what you have to do.
    I hope your little girl is one of the ones that grows out of it or has long times in remission ( i dont like this work) but thats what the dr's use!
    We all need to have a good rant now and then.

Take Care & hugs to your little one
    Sam
    xx

thanks for all the support xx

we took her back and were told she also has to have the injection in her knee as well but we all have to be positive and my daughter is definatly my insperation she gets up and smiles so who am i too complain xx

thanks xxx