OT Appointment. Happy.

Options
2»

Comments

• minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Eve, You dont need to apologize as i know what your going through.
    I hope youve heard from loved ones & friends.

I have an electric tin opener & its a godsend. Next is more rails & an electric jar opener.
    Its the little things that make all the difference to us.
    Take care & thanks for repling.
    luv debs
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Thats great news about the help you're getting from the OT. Sounds like a positive step forward to being more independant. I have my first OT appointment on Monday and reading your post has made me feel more positive about the appointment.

Thanks for letting us know
    Caroline x
  • dollydaydream
    dollydaydream Member Posts: 21
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Debs,

Glad it was helpful to you :D I think maybe one of these days I might ask to see an OT........ Hey don't talk to me about baths.... I couldn't get out the other day........ I laid down and that was me stuck as I couldn't get up :oops: Had to hold my breathe and turn over (never easy) and come up on my knees....... Showers just ain't the same :lol::lol::lol::lol: Life..... Well I hate arthritis for so many reasons...... Luv and a ((( ))) Cris xx

I've just got to say stuff about the BATH. I know it's daft to think this but I thought it was only me being awkward in getting out of the bath. I have fibro as well as RA so baths are great but I have to kneel down to get in & lie down & turn over to get out & I have a sort of panicky feeling -- as if I'm in a deep pool & I might drown :(

I havent drowned yet but it's an odd feeling! I 've got a "bath seat" but I'm not actualy in the water when I sit on it. Ah me such are the joys of bathing :roll: :lol:

luv Dolly :shock:
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Caroline, Just wanted to wish you good luck with your appointment on Monday & hope you get the help you need.
    They ask you alsorts of questions to get an idea of what your struggling with.
    Take a list if your like me & cant remember things. :roll:
    luv debs