Meeting with HR getting nearer! Help!

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
Hi all,
Had to hand my statement of appeal in to HR yest, just waitng to get theirs back in the post
Did i want it leaving at work till i got back Saturday? Doh! Dont think so! :roll:
I will be so glad when Monday is over! Its so daunting!
Ive got a panel of 3 plus my boss & HR against me! with another bod from HR!
How am I supposed to work with my manager when i know shes against me! I do not trust her anymore! She has changed so much she used to be for her staff now shes just another management bod how doesnt give a ****!! Sorry for rant! :x
Im so pleased ive got a strong union rep who wont take any crap!
Because I dont feel strong at all :cry:
Thank you all for your support over these past few weeks you have helped me keep going
Maria x

Comments

• maria09
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thank you Delboy for your support. My rep will keep fighting to the bitter end. She keeps me strong. Take care Mx
  • maria09
    Thank you Delboy for your support. My rep will keep fighting to the bitter end. She keeps me strong. Take care Mx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Maria,

sending you lots of positive vibes for Monday :D

It's not surprising that your boss may have changed and now seems against you...........she has a job to do and you are at the moment in conflict as you are challenging her/ their decision making and forcing them to look again at equality issues. It might well be that you will not be the only one who is nervous about the meeting!

I'm really glad you have a good union rep who is not afraid to stand up for you......not all union reps are as good!

take your courage in both hands Maria......it's worth the fight and we'll be with you every step of the way. Irisx
  • ailsamary
    ailsamary Member Posts: 38
    may not get online as away for a few days, so just wanted to say good luck for monday xx
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Best of luck for monday, I'll be thinking of you. Be strong.
    rita
  • maria09
    Thank you Ladies,
    But i think its a forgone conclusion we will not win
    But will go down fighting!!
    I think they have well & truley screwed all the staff with their new sickness policy
    They say coz they have put things in place & my sickness hasnt improved then thats why ive got the warning!
    Underhand tactics too bringing up sickness record from 2006 onwards
    Think its in response to them reading my appeal as they got mine 2 days before i got theirs!
    So heres to the written warning sickness club 2 months done 4 to go!
    Take care
    Maria x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    maria09 wrote:
    Thank you Ladies,
    But i think its a forgone conclusion we will not win
    But will go down fighting!!
    I think they have well & truley screwed all the staff with their new sickness policy
    They say coz they have put things in place & my sickness hasnt improved then thats why ive got the warning!
    Underhand tactics too bringing up sickness record from 2006 onwards
    Think its in response to them reading my appeal as they got mine 2 days before i got theirs!
    So heres to the written warning sickness club 2 months done 4 to go!
    Take care
    Maria x

that is sooo nasty :!: I really do hope you get justice in all this. Has your union rep spoken with the union's Equality Officer? they will be able to advise if what your employer is doing is legal!

and the Equality and Human Rights Commission can give advice (on telephone enquiry line) on individual cases.....I found them very helpful and it put my employers on the back foot. made them think again about what they were doing when I told them I had spoken with EHRC.

Good luck again Maria. You sound strong but I know what it really feels like to go through all this and how stressful ......and then arther plays up just for good measure.

So look after your self...Iris x
  • maria09
    Thanx Dorcas & everyone else but my appeal failed so im still in the written warning club!! x
  • issymknight
    issymknight Member Posts: 99
    Sorry to hear that but keep your chin up 4 months will pass but like me if your illness flares up theres nothing you can do but go sick so I will keep my fingers crossed that your illness will behave.

Issy
  • maria09
    Sorry to hear that but keep your chin up 4 months will pass but like me if your illness flares up theres nothing you can do but go sick so I will keep my fingers crossed that your illness will behave.

Issy
    Thank you im going in no matter wot!!!!
  • issymknight
    Issy[/quote] Thank you im going in no matter wot!!!![/quote]

I know what you mean but make sure you look after yourself at work cause they wont.

Issy
  • maria09
    I know Issy
    My boss pretends to care but its all an act!
    She was a BITCH int the appeals meeting bringing up things to discredit me!
    As far as im concerned she can rot in hell for all eternity & im hoping shes going to get arthritis so she can see had bad it is!!!
    Sorry but im so angry & bitter at the moment
    I never want to see her two faced butt ever again!!
    Sorry for the rant
    Maria x
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    maria09 wrote:
    I know Issy
    My boss pretends to care but its all an act!
    She was a BITCH int the appeals meeting bringing up things to discredit me!
    As far as im concerned she can rot in hell for all eternity & im hoping shes going to get arthritis so she can see had bad it is!!!
    Sorry but im so angry & bitter at the moment
    I never want to see her two faced butt ever again!!
    Sorry for the rant
    Maria x
    to feel better go on workrant website, you will feel soooo much better!!
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    & im hoping shes going to get arthritis so she can see had bad it is!!!

Maria - this is something I think sometimes about management at work (and anyone who seems to think I'm putting it on) too ...

Only ever thought it - but now you've said it - I am saying it outloud too - I agree plus, plus!!

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • issymknight
    Maria you can rant as much as you like we all do at sometime. I like you sometimes when I'm angry wish RA on people who seem to think its not real but then I calm down and to be honest I would not wish this illness on my worst enemy but like you it helps saying it just to get the rant over.

All I want you to do at the moment is concentrate on yourself and try I know its hard I've been there but dont let your boss upset you otherwise it will give you stress then lead to a flare up and they have won.

Issy