Home visit from Line Manager

Options
nuttynana
nuttynana Member Posts: 44
Hi all

I have my line manager coming to visit me at home tomorrow - don't really know what I should say to her - I kinda invited her after being off work for 6 weeks. I didn't want to think they thought I might be putting it all on!!

Any ideas - I know I am no where near ready to go back yet, but feel telling people I am tired, totally fatigued and ache everywhere does not sound like a reason not to work. My RA is in flare and joints really sore and swollen, started back on tramodol today... Trouble is stress does not help either..

Hazel x

Comments

• markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    nuttynana wrote:
    Hi all

I have my line manager coming to visit me at home tomorrow - don't really know what I should say to her - I kinda invited her after being off work for 6 weeks. I didn't want to think they thought I might be putting it all on!!

Any ideas - I know I am no where near ready to go back yet, but feel telling people I am tired, totally fatigued and ache everywhere does not sound like a reason not to work. My RA is in flare and joints really sore and swollen, started back on tramodol today... Trouble is stress does not help either..

Hazel x

Just be approachable,let her start the conversation and take it from there.She will only be doing her job have the kettle on and relax. :wink:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Good luck, hope she is nice and understanding. Tell her factually how it is.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • nuttynana
    Options
    Many thanks. Only just over an hour till the visit..

Hazel x
  • nuttynana
    Options
    Well my line manager visited - all went really well. Signed some forms for Occ Health to gain reports from GP and Consultant and agreed to being inteviewed by them. Also discussed reduced hours when I return and the fact I have over 2 weeks leave to take before end of March so agreed I would use this up to work 4 day week, and will also be doing shorter days to start with. Really helpful and put my mind at rest.

Now aiming to try and go back after easter - watch this space!!
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    nuttynana,
    you sound pleased with result. Glad it went well. A weight off your mind. Now you can focus on you for the next two weeks and getting rested before your gradual return.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    Good result then :wink:
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Glad it went well :)
    The only thing I would advise is not to make any decisions untill you feel much better....then ask for another meeting to discuss 'reasonable adjustments'
    xxx
  • nuttynana
    Options
    Hi Topgirl

Many thanks for the advice - it is easy to say I will return after Easter, but I have to feel a heck of a lot better by then - there is no way I could work at the mo, not even part time. It's like this morning, I have only just been able to get up due to the fatigue and joints hurting!! Just have to take it a day at a time.

Thanks again.

Hazel xx