Just numb right now.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
Well that’s it then I'm buggerd, I have got to go see company doc ASAP as HR are going to go stage 2 with it to much Tom and Dick and no real job, they are however going to suggest medical retirement with company doctor but he’s an odd chap so not sure what will happen he said I'm am disabled but I'm not sure how things are going to end up?, bloody hell I will be made redundent in a few years anyway, got it makes me so angry I could scream.

Sorry to vent me spleen but I’m pissed off and a tad numb right now, what happens if he says no?, is that it am I out on my ear?, do I then go for constructive Dismissal?.
Well thanks for all the help mellman but sadly you took the piss by daring to get really sick so now you will suffer for it me old mate.

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mellman, sorry i can't help as i have no idea how these things work, but i really hope things go ok for you and you get the best outcome possible.
    sue
  • mellman01
    suzster wrote:
    mellman, sorry i can't help as i have no idea how these things work, but i really hope things go ok for you and you get the best outcome possible.
    sue

Thanks Sue, gawed knows I stopped listening when she mentioned Phase 2 and incapacity, all went a tad blurry to be honest.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Poor you Melman god it makes me so mad u work hard all ur life & thats the thanks u get!
    Im waiting for my lot to go down the capability route too
    Its like weve had the best out of you ur knackered so **** off!!!
    My boss was a right bitch yest at my meeting bringing this up that werent revevant to the sickness to discredit me
    Thank god shes not in on thurs when im working!
    What have your union said then?
    Dont know abt you but i feel like telling em to stick the job where the sun doesnt shine!!
    Dont let the ******** get you down! I know its easier said than done coz ive let em get to me but keep your chin up x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    this is just awful :(:(:(

these employers think they can (and do) get away with murder....

I am so sorry and angry for you mellman :x :x :!: :!:

just what are the unions doing :?:

iris x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Mellman I'm so sorry to hear it's all gone so badly for you. (big hugs) What use is the Disability act if it does'nt work for so many people, why is everything so very difficult when you're already going through such a hard time.
    It's really disheartening. I hope you get your medical retirement if that's what you aim for and there are no more obsticles in your way now. What's the next step, do you know?
    rita
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Mellman my brother showed me a book on employment law i wll ask him what its called and let you know.
    Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • mellman01
    Thanks for your support peeps and thanks snowball any info is useful, the bottom line is the union think I have been treated badly as I have not had any contact with them for 16 months, no reviews no adjustment of hours no concern about amount of sick just droped incapability in my lap today, I just hope the company Doc OK's my medical retirment but I'm not banking on it, as you lot say what is the bloody point of the DDA and all the other laws if they don't protect you with it.
    The comapny Doc has covered me under the DDA but it's a worthless bit of BS, bottom line is they can sack you anyway.
    Really worn out today, and still numb.
  • maria09
    just relax with a drink or two & **** em! X
  • mellman01
    maria09 wrote:

Not much choice Maria.

I think tomorrow I will discuss making a complaint via internal grievence as they haven't seen or been in contact for 16 months and I have had no formal warnings, I was also told this was a normal meeting just to see how I am doing, having a cider now,will see what happens tomorrow.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mell
    Just to say I hope things go how you want them too,I was finished work because of arthur..I have always regretted not fighting for my rights...you have a good night and let us know how you get on.
    Barbara .
    Love
    Barbara
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    mellman01 wrote:
    maria09 wrote:

Not much choice Maria.

I think tomorrow I will discuss making a complaint via internal grievence as they haven't seen or been in contact for 16 months and I have had no formal warnings, I was also told this was a normal meeting just to see how I am doing, having a cider now,will see what happens tomorrow.

This is exactly what happened to me only they went for medical inefficiency and i fought to get medical retirement.
    Dig your heels in and fight,go down the grievance procedure it will buy you a bit more time.I don't know how old you are but you should consider medical retirement if it suits you.
    Don't even think about constuctive dismisal.If you walk from your job you will be in a tricky situation.Don't rely on the dda either..believe me. :roll:
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    More bloody work problems :shock:
    makes me sooooo...mad :(
    I would like to offer more help but I think untill you find out what is actually happening theres not a lot you can do yet....
    I know my house insurance has 'legal cover'and have have spoke to them and it covers me if i need a solicitor in the future....
    Let us know how you get on...
    xxxx
  • maria09
    delboy wrote:
    Sickening the way long standing employees are treated, so many of us have been down this crooked path.

Do your best to get an enhanced ill health retirement mellman, at least 5 years added to your pension. If you are in a position to 'retire' do it I've never been happier since I screwed the mob I worked for.
    Well done tell us all how you did it! Maria x
  • mellman01
    Hi all, well I had a panic attack at 0300hrs and woke up in blind terror, really started to loose the plot, but at least I got things sorted out here now, I was panicing for no real reason, it's complex but I now know how things go here.
    I have a real problem of Pavlov's dogs after doing 19 years at Harwell and I just can't shake the paranoia of those day's out of my mind, I worry way to much and have to much time to let the devils get to me in the wee hours. Add to that all the other problems I have what with car and paying the bills I crashed and burned big style. Thanks oh so much for your support I really needed it, your a great buch of people, I now feel a bit of a twerp:oops:
  • maria09
    Mellman if you cant stress out on here when most of us are going through the sane then where can you!
    Sorry you had a panic attack they are really scarey
    So just rant & rave on here with the rest of us
    You will never be alone
    Take care x
  • mellman01
    maria09 wrote:
    Mellman if you cant stress out on here when most of us are going through the sane then where can you!
    You will never be alone
    Take care x

Thanks Maria, got to now go and see OC health, not sure why but I bet it's not going to be nice. :roll:
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    delboy wrote:
    Sickening the way long standing employees are treated, so many of us have been down this crooked path.

Do your best to get an enhanced ill health retirement mellman, at least 5 years added to your pension. If you are in a position to 'retire' do it I've never been happier since I screwed the mob I worked for.

Amen to that.....totally agree!! k025.gif
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    mellman01 wrote:
    maria09 wrote:
    You will never be alone
    Take care x

Thanks Maria, got to now go and see OC health, not sure why but I bet it's not going to be nice. :roll:

Let us know how you got on mellman! Iris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    mellman sorry only just got to this sorry you r going through all this can not help you but hope things get sorted as you would want them to
    val
  • maria09
    Hope you are feeling better
    W are all thinking of you
    Take care
    Maria x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi Mell, only just caught up with this, so sorry you are going through the mill just now.

Was rather wondering where you had got to, understand now.

As the other said, if you can't rant and rave on here, where can you? You can bite my ear off any time you like!

Annie
  • mellman01
    Hi all still going on at work right now, line manager is being a real **** to me trying to make out I haven't been pro active enough in my new role driving a desk, Jesus he's a horible man, anyway I had a real bad night post meeting,I'm not sure if it was the meds plus stress or what but I found myself awake at 4am in a dead panic, I totally freaked out I just had this feeling of total dread about what was going to happen to me.
    I txt'd a work freind and I e mailed the union rep saying I couldn't take anymore of it, I felt so confused I didn't know what was going on for a bit, at one point I nearly went outside just so I could get away into the dark to hide, really mad stuff!.
    Anyway I went back to bed took 2 nytols and got up arond 08.30, the wife managed to get me to go back to work although I felt really distant and confused, the union chap was worried I was going to go bye bye big time sat me down and sorted me head out for me, so feeling a bit better I started to do my work for the day then up pops the bloody grim fecking reaper aka captain **** himself, he had come to give me a letter about our meeting, he wanted me to sign it there and then but I fefused,thank god I did, to say it was inacurate would be a bloody understatment, bottom line is he is as I said before now trying to make out I have been very negative about work and training in general, not bad for somone who told me that there is a freeze on the training budget.
    I'm just so pissed off with the guy's attitude, ever since I got ill he's made it a personal crusade of his to get me sacked.
    Anyway I am off to see the company doc on tuesday to discuse ill health retirment, if that fails it's incapability for yours trully, how much more I can take before I pop is anyones guess,if I'm still around next week I'll let you know but I keep getting this image of me dressesd like Baldrick with a pair of underpants on my head and two pencils up me nose shouting wibble!. :shock:
  • maria09
    Oh Mellman
    That guy is a total ******* :!:
    Why dont you look down the route of bullying & harassement
    He should not be allowed to treat you like this & get away with it
    Talk abt kicking you when you are down!
    I dont like going into work at min & dreading seeing my Bitch of a boss on Monday but she is no way as evil as this guy is!
    He is probably doing it to get you out without paying you a penny through ill health retirement!
    Keep strong
    Thinking of you
    Love Maria x
  • mellman01
    Hi Maria yeah he is gunning for a promotion as the site is going to close soon'ish and he's looking for new post at one of our new sites and he's using me to get it I think.
    It's crazy I get put into a desk job working a PC no training before hand and then left until I lost me rag then I got about 1/2 an hours training by an op's guy then left, I didn't know I had to actively seek some form of training no one said now he's using it to get at me.
    I also took advantage of the companies training voucher post op and went for a glider flight over Uffington white horse hill, I use to live on it when I was fit as I was addicted to radio controlled gliding, I had always wanted to give it a go so thought what the hell do it while I can so I had a go, bad mistake he brought that one up straight away, I told him why and that seemed to shut him up as all you do is sit down for 30 minutes how hard can it be?, and even people in wheel chairs can do it!.
    Bottom line is never ever trust a free mason.
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Mellman, what a lot of stress you are under right now. I honestly feel for you and am sending lots of positive vibes. Everyone here is rooting for you and hope you get through this rough time.
    big gentle hugs, don't let the bu..... get to you.
    rita