flare up

lucymum
lucymum Member Posts: 113
edited 30. Mar 2010, 17:34 in My child has arthritis
Groan, Lucy is having her first flare up!! She has not been well for the first week her right leg and wrists been acting up! When we went to physio today they confirmed my fears, she is having a flare.
Lucy, who is 7, was so let down, all she said was that she thought it would be all getting better now, bless her.
She got a new splint ho help her ankle relax she put it on and it was not strained!! They have also upped her steriods and at the end of the week if there is no improvement I have to ring the hospital while they re asess her medication.
She is on week 5 of the mtx tomorrow which i am now doing at home, while daddy hugs her, i just hope this set back does not put her off. She is finding walking really hard again!!

Oh well i hope you are all having a better week and that the kids are all well x x x x x :P

Comments

• steph120786
    steph120786 Member Posts: 66
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hiya, sorry to here you are in the middle of a flare up i know it is very frustrating for you both, hopefully your mtx will kick in soon and she will feel the benifit.

thinking of you
    Take Care
    Steph
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    Same thing happened to Kayleigh at about this stage of mtx it took three weeks for flare to go down. Now she's in a good spell again so it will get easier just hard dealing with it after starting to feel better. I hope it's short lived. Hugs

Michelle xxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Poor thing. Well done to you and Dad for doing the jabs at home. Does she stay off school when she is like this? When I was at school one of my best friends at RA, she used to have a nap in the medical room if needed and during flare ups sometimes work in their too for a bit. Hope she feels better soon - especially in time for the Easter hols. When does she break up?

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • lucymum
    lucymum Member Posts: 113
    Lucy is being very good, she has gone into school every day, but has not took part in outdoor break or pe, which is ok for a week. She has taken to having us inject her alot better than having a nurse do it as daddy can give her special strong cuddles, which is sweet!!!
    The flare is still here but seems to be going down a little but she was so not happy about feeling sooo ill again, she though she was onlyever gonna get better, bless her