Another Experiment in Creative Writing

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 30. Mar 2010, 12:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Here is another experiment in creative writing, similar to one I began a while ago.

It is just for fun, and to see how it turns out. It is up to you whether you make it serious or amusing.

I will begin the story, and then you can follow on.

THE RULE is that you can only write a maximum of 4 sentences, as long or as short as you like.

However, you may contribute as many times as you want to.

If two people post at the same time, choose the one you would like to follow on from.

To maintain the continuity of the story, do not do' Reply with quote', but read the previous paragraph, and then carry on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

EDDIE MORINO, PRIVATE EYE

Eddie Morino paced the night-time streets of London, lost amongst his own thoughts. He did not know where he was walking, but he just needed to get out and let his mind and his legs wander. He had been working on a case now for two weeks, and his clues seemed to have dried up. In his mind, he went through all the facts, and he thought it all began like this.........................
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Could the man with the false leg be involved. He began to go over the facts again. The man had no alibi, he had lipstick on his person. The vital piece of evidence where could it be? Was it possible this man could have hidden it in his leg?
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    ...two weeks ago when he was called in to investigate the suspicious death of Lady S. Asparilla it had all seemed so simple!. Blood stained knife lying nearby covered in prints but how wrong he had been.
    Forensics turned the case on it's head. Those were not blood stains...and she wasn't no lady!
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    It was clear there was more than one suspect. Possibly male though he had been miss lead before. He wasnt gonna be so gullable this time. He decided to review all the clues. The victim was lay under the desk in the office, The phone fallen next to her
    Joanne
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    alongside a very heavy paperweight. There were marks on the carpet close by which showed that something heavy had been dragged across the room from the spot the body lay.

It suddenly occurred to Eddie that those marks were even more interesting than he had thought. He was sure he remembered that the drag marks weren't actually continuous but were broken by round marks.......such as those which could be made by a peg-leg.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    As pc Ichabod Wikkiwakki strolled along his beat on the
    promenade of a certain northern seaside town he thought
    about his proposed transfer to Scotland Yard. He had been
    advised to make this transfer by his old friend Hercule Poirot
    with whom he had solved the case of the girl in the green
    dress. "Get thissen down theer, lad" Hercule had said. "Them
    London bobbies are only good for directing traffic. Wi' thy
    detective skills tha should be very successful."
    "Ee" mused pc Ichabod "this time next week I'll be in t'
    big smoke."
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    eddie stopped and thought what do i make of these clues, who was the photo on the desk of.a young boy with blond hair in shorts on a beach. why was the said lady in the study in the first place such a masculine room.
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Had she gone in there simply to answer the phone?

The only other apparent clue was the knife. Thought to be blood stained, but it seemed that red ink had been used to give that appearance, why? Perhaps someone had wanted to gain a little time.....?

Annie
  • joanlawson
    When Eddie Morino heard the news that his old friend PC Ichabod Wikkiwakki had been transferred to Scotland Yard, he immediately arranged to meet him to discuss the murder of Lady Asparilla.

'' The evidence so far is pointing towards some involvement of a peg-legged individual,'' said Eddie,'' but the cause of death has not yet been confirmed because both a red ink stained knife and a heavy paperweight were found alongside the body.''

'' Ey-up lad, it's right good being 'ere in t' big smoke, and you and me can work together again like we used to do in our Blackpool days,'' said Wikki excitedly.

They continued their discussion in the pub as it's a well known fact that consumption of alcohol aids crime-solving.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    The spots of oil were very strange. They were next to the round marks he spotted which could have been made by a peg leg. The marks were splattered haphazardly, almost like who ever had dragged the body was swaggering. then there was the two glass.s of whisky half drank very odd indeed eddie thought.
    Joanne
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    .....after a pint or two...or three or four or maybe five.

Ikkkiii wikki woo hic!..me ladsh..in thish light you looksh jusht like me formersh wife..hic! said Eddie.

Hey shteady on! said Wikki .

vikki, mikki, sikky....oohhh...don't feel too well...but wash ya thinksh about yon lash shash.per.illash?

Irisx
  • ichabod6
    DI Wikkiwakki (promotion is quick in the south) sat at his desk.
    He'd met his old pal the American detective the night before and
    they'd sunk a few pints. He thought about the old lags who hopped
    about the criminal underworld; there was Peg Leg Pete the punch
    drunk layabout, but he'd gone straight now and was earning an
    honest living poking holes in polo mints. He thought about women,
    but couldn't remember a lady pegleg, "Hey up" he said to himself
    "what about Linda with the legs, that stunner I met in Rehab's
    pub - her legs were absolute killer-dillers."
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    "I guess we will have to head for Rehab's place and sit looking at all the ladies loverly legs on display. Oh, and try not to get arrested for just looking."

So off they went to the local dive. After four pints of the local grog it wasn't just the ladies legs they were interested in.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • ichabod6
    Now now, Joseph.
  • joanlawson
    When the two handsome detectives first appeared in the bar, the ladies all welcomed them, thinking that they would be interested in engaging in meaningful conversation with them, as was the norm in the Cane and Able.

However, it soon became apparent that the two strangers were taking an unhealthy interest in the ladies' legs, and this resulted in a black eye for Eddie, delivered with perfect aim by Val.

a055.gif

''Let's get out of here quick, lad!'' shouted Eddie, '' and we'll head off to Asparilla Towers, the scene of the crime; it's a bit safer there''
  • joanlawson
    In the study at Asparilla Towers, detectives Eddie and Wikki reviewed all the evidence.

Lady Asparilla was found dead under the desk in the study with a phone, a paperweight and a knife beside her.

There were round marks and oil spots on the floor, while two half-drunk glasses of whisky were on the table.

''All my training as a detective leads me to ask one question, and that is WHO DUNNIT?'', said Eddie.