time to see rhummy nurse??

psyart
psyart Member Posts: 600
edited 30. Mar 2010, 09:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi - have had another bad weekend so would appriciate some advice!! thinking of contacting the rhummy nurse - have her number but never spoken to her in the 3 years since diganosed. I think I need a chat about how I feel sometimes, what I feel about my meds, discuss painkillers and just some emotional support!! Is she the right person to talk to?? Feel it could help?? Am thinking that this may take more than 5 mins that a doctor can give me and I saw him last week about feeling sluggish, not right but he couldnt really help me!! Did reduce my Methx on Friday, but still had a bad weekend, fatigue and feeling fluy until about 5pm last night when it just went away!!!!! Not sleeping at night - sometimes cause of pain sometimes I dont know why!!! Need painkillers in the morning as stiff and pain - the deep dull pain sometimes!! When I dont have to go to work, it can take me till bout 10am to get up, not sure why, just seems as if I cant face moving??!! so am thinking this needs more of a listen to than writing more prescriptions???

Louisexxxxx :oops: :cry::cry:
e050.gifo050.gif

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Louise,

I'm so sorry....It sounds as though you are having such a bad time with the arther, fatigue and pain....and not sleeping definitely drags you down :(

We all do need to be able to speak to someone when things get too bad and you're right a 5 min appointment with the doc just won't do it!

You are coping with such a lot just now and having the opportunity to talk through everything that your dealing without being hurried is so important.

By all means phone the rheummy nurse but you sound a little hesitant about that?
    as an alternative, have you thought about our own helpline peeps? they are so helpful and understanding and would support you through this time and help you talk through everything that is causing you stress and pain.

we are here for you too Louise and you can post or PM any time....but sounds like you need and want to be talking with someone.

lots of (((HUGS))) Iris x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Hi Louise
    sorry you not doing so good at mo
    just to say i called the helpline when i was first diagnosed and they were very nice to me, even when i was doing my crying making no sence voice, the lady was still very caring and maybe they could advise you on who it is best for you to see.
    Take care
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Louise

:(

Not good eh? :(

I agree with Page - satrtr with the helpline - they let you bawl your eyes out :wink: They did me...more than once and, then, you can decide where to go for what....they seemed to help me organise my thoughts and work out whta action to take...

If that makes any sense??

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Louise,

I am another one thinking call the help line flower. I also know how good they are, kind and understanding even when I became a total broken down gibbering idiot :oops: They wont be able to advise on dosages but they can hep you to understand what is going on. I am leaving you a ((( ))).

I know your down this way but are you under the Truro hospital? See I am and my bloods etc have to be done by the gp's, but that might be cus its a bit of a way. I haven't been assigned a Rumo nurse though the one in the clinic is very kid and nice.

Louise I wonder if maybe for the emotional side you would be better seeing a councillor? Long ago I was given a diagnosis on something I rally couldn't cope with and ended up seeing a counselor and she helped me to deal with it and not be scared and running circles getting more and more wound up........

I do think you need better pain relief and I would ask the Rumo if he/she can see you early in your shoes I think. Better pain control might help you to sleep better and there is nothing worse than feeling like **** and being tired simultaneously.

Another ((( ))) and a hope you can get some help soon. Cris x
  • sanmar63
    sanmar63 Member Posts: 117
    psyart wrote:
    Hi - have had another bad weekend so would appriciate some advice!! thinking of contacting the rhummy nurse - have her number but never spoken to her in the 3 years since diganosed. I think I need a chat about how I feel sometimes, what I feel about my meds, discuss painkillers and just some emotional support!! Is she the right person to talk to?? Feel it could help?? Am thinking that this may take more than 5 mins that a doctor can give me and I saw him last week about feeling sluggish, not right but he couldnt really help me!! Did reduce my Methx on Friday, but still had a bad weekend, fatigue and feeling fluy until about 5pm last night when it just went away!!!!! Not sleeping at night - sometimes cause of pain sometimes I dont know why!!! Need painkillers in the morning as stiff and pain - the deep dull pain sometimes!! When I dont have to go to work, it can take me till bout 10am to get up, not sure why, just seems as if I cant face moving??!! so am thinking this needs more of a listen to than writing more prescriptions???

Louisexxxxx :oops: :cry::cry:

Hi Louise

Please dont continue to suffer on your own, We all know exactly how you feel (I was still looking at the clock at 4 this morning!)
    Please take notice of the advice on here - and then decide which is the best way for you to go.
    Personally, I find my Rheumy nurse is the best person for ME to see (or phone) first, and if need be, she will arrange for my Consultant to see me asap. :)

Remember, RA can be a depressive illness and unfortunatley, you, me and all the others on here all struggle at times.

Love and ((hugs)) 8)

Sandra xxxx
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    thank you everyone for the hugs and replies! you have given me something to think about! I have not met the rhummy nurse at Truro, just the doctors and the OT, who was lovely!! She refered me to social services for equipment, which was brill!! Am feeling better today, thank goodnes, and did sleep quite well last night, which helps, but I know I need to talk to someone, just to sort things out and to know if I am on the right painkillers etc!! I finish work on Thursday for the Easter, so will make sure I do something soon.

Thanks again - I never thought about the help line - returning hugs to you all and hope not suffering too much with cold weather??!! ((())))
    Louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif