Watching a scarey movie!

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 30. Mar 2010, 17:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Why do I do this! Im watching The Haunting on sky movies & Im scared witless! Still its taking my mind off my aches! Any one else gets easily scared?

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Is that the one with the chap and the girl who is being followed by a demon?, if it is it didn't do much for me, I lived in a haunted house up until I was 22 so have seen a few odd things like doors and furniture moving, I sort of got use to it thought, oddly tthese days I almost miss it, it never hurt me and later in my life I really got interested in it but sadly moved when my dad retired.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    I stopped watching scary movies a while back because I couldn't go to the toilet in the night for being too scared! I have a couple of horror films on DVD still to watch but just daren't!

Funnily enough, my eldest daughter, who is 11, loves them!

Nx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, I hate scary movies because I end up hiding behind a cushion, luckily Malcolm hates them too, we prefer to watch documentries or animal programmes love Jaspercatxx
  • maria09
    mellman01 wrote:
    Is that the one with the chap and the girl who is being followed by a demon?, if it is it didn't do much for me, I lived in a haunted house up until I was 22 so have seen a few odd things like doors and furniture moving, I sort of got use to it thought, oddly tthese days I almost miss it, it never hurt me and later in my life I really got interested in it but sadly moved when my dad retired.
    No its abt a family that move into an old funeral home its scared the living daylights out of me!
  • maria09
    mellman01 wrote:
    No its abt a family that move into an old funeral home its scared the living daylights out of me!
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I've not seen that one I'll have to give it a go, Don't bother with the one I have just seen it's boring really really boring!, hey Maria do you know you posted in sterio!? :?
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Maria,

Depends what they are about for me..... I saw the horriblest film when I was 16 begins with an E and it totally freaked me..... That side does cus well I belive possession s a possibility to some degree.... The first Friday 13th and Chucky sort of cured me and I don't watch the really spooky ones now a days :lol::lol::lol: Except I do and then i sleep with the light on for a while and never underestimate the power of the 23rd psalm :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol: Cris x
  • ninakang
    Have you noticed that when watching a scary movie, we somehow feel better when covered with a blanket? Or behind the sofa? Why would that offer any protection?!

I remember watching that film beginning with an E when I was pregnant with my eldest - my hubby got quite cross with me because he didn't know it was that scary and never would have taken me if he'd known!

Nx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hey Nina your lucky it didn't send you into labour :lol::lol: It would have me :lol::lol:

We bunked off school to see it, lied and got in but I tell you for me there will never be any film to beat that one in terms of disturbing me and scaring me witless..... maybe cus its not happy ending and also I came out the cinema and threw up! It was horrible........Took me months to get over it :oops: :lol::lol: Never seen it since and it since :wink::lol::lol: Cris x
  • ninakang
    No, me neither! I just can't bring myself to watch it. I remember people at the cinema were laughing during certain parts of it and I thought "This isn't funny!"

Nx
  • maria09
    ninakang wrote:
    No, me neither! I just can't bring myself to watch it. I remember people at the cinema were laughing during certain parts of it and I thought "This isn't funny!"

Nx
    I saw it when i was 15 ive never been so scared in my life! Luckily some lads behind us kept warning us of the scary bits! Went to bed with my rosary beads & cross just in case!
  • maria09
    mellman01 wrote:
    I've not seen that one I'll have to give it a go, Don't bother with the one I have just seen it's boring really really boring!, hey Maria do you know you posted in sterio!? :?
    I know its coz im using my mobile & i think its having a nervous breakdown! Lol. How you doing Mellman? X
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    the only horror film i watched was haloween and you know how long ago that was made oh check all cupboards before let him go home was scared stiff(before we got married)
    val
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    I did go see Friday the 13th at the cinema, goodness, that's dating me!! I fell over the back of the seat at the end, when we all thought it was over and Jason leapt out of the lake, we were all getting up to leave and everyone just shrieked, so did I, but I went backwards as well, into the row behind me. :shock: Needless to say I don't watch them, my OH won't let me, knowing that I will be having nightmares and the colly wobbles.
    Paranormal Activity is supposed to freak you out, so I will deffo not be watching that..............
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Watched The Haunting, I thought that the ending was certainly very well done. I won't spoil it for anyone else.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • bubbles
    Bubbles, you are funny!!!! :lol::lol:

I could never watch The E....., after reading the book years ago - that scared the pants off me!!!!

I like some "supernatural" films, if it's a good storyline. One of my favourite films ever is The Green Mile, with Tom Hanks - can watch that over and over (apart from one scene).

I confess, I was terrified when I first saw Jurassic Park (sad, I know) :roll: . I think because with all the things scientists can do now, the thought of bumping into a T Rex in T*scos was a bit too real for my liking!!!!!

Off to hide under the duvet now :shock:
    Lynn xxxxx

LOL, thanks - it was funny afterwards, but at the time I was in a total state. Mind the bed monsters, no feet or hands out of the bed, doesn't count if you have a divan bed, you are safe then :wink::wink: xxx bubbles
  • bubbles
    Yes, we always have the nightly "under the bed" search :shock: :lol::lol:

OH is on permanent spider alert too (carries a giant matchbox around, cos he won't kill them - I reckon the same one just keeps crawling back in the house)!!!!!!! :shock: Ashamed to admit it, but when he worked shifts, I did have to resort to the yellow pages on more than one occasion :oops: :oops: :oops: (sorry folks, but spider phobic) :oops:

Lynn xxx

I can go with you on the spider alert. I know they cannot harm me, but I have had a phobia since a group of classmates at school put one down my back, a real big one. OH has to get them, or the cats, they know when there is one about, don't ask me how, but one of the cats can hear them moving.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Bubbles, you are funny!!!! :lol::lol:

I could never watch The E....., after reading the book years ago - that scared the pants off me!!!!

I like some "supernatural" films, if it's a good storyline. One of my favourite films ever is The Green Mile, with Tom Hanks - can watch that over and over (apart from one scene).

I confess, I was terrified when I first saw Jurassic Park (sad, I know) :roll: . I think because with all the things scientists can do now, the thought of bumping into a T Rex in T*scos was a bit too real for my liking!!!!!

Off to hide under the duvet now :shock:

Lynn xxxxx

Lynn

You like the Green Mile too :D

Trish xxx
  • bubbles
    Eeeuuwww!!! Someone did that to me once with a big, hairy caterpillar :shock:

I remember once, OH was on nights. I had a bath, put my PJs on and my slippers. Sat down to watch telly, and wondered why the bottom of my foot was so itchy!! When I took off my slipper, here's a massive big spider, made itself comfy!!!!!!!!!! :? :? My slipper nearly went through the telly!!!! Never wore them again :roll:
    Didn't get much sleep that night, either :roll: :roll:

Now I definitely won't sleep!!!

Lynn xxx

OMG :shock: The slipper would have been in orbit.
    One of the worst, years ago, always took a drink to bed, set it on the side, went to sleep, woke up in the dead of night for a drink, got tumbler to lips, there was a very LARGE spider, dead, with legs stretched out from one side of the tumbler to the other, all this was in a second or two, OH was drenched as I threw the glass in the air, screamed :shock: and fell out of bed in a fit of the vapours. Always have a bottle now, no more glasses of water.
    I am off to try and have a nap now, I will take all the cats with me this time.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    skezier wrote:
    Hey Nina your lucky it didn't send you into labour :lol::lol: It would have me :lol::lol:

We bunked off school to see it, lied and got in but I tell you for me there will never be any film to beat that one in terms of disturbing me and scaring me witless..... maybe cus its not happy ending and also I came out the cinema and threw up! It was horrible........Took me months to get over it :oops: :lol::lol: Never seen it since and it since :wink::lol::lol: Cris x
    A friend of mine got that on dvd when we were teenagers and it scared the hell out of me too, never watched it again. Have watched the haunting and iwas all right with that but my son bought paranormal on dvdlast week and that scared me too :shock: Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Bubbles!!!

Why do we torture ourselves, reliving these horrendous tales?????? :shock: :shock: The spider on the glass would have tipped me right over the edge - I'd be walking around with a vallium drip, and talking my other self :shock: :? :? :lol:

Bet you're glad you got the cats :wink::wink:

Lynn xxxx
    Me too don't even like talking about them......Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • bubbles
    Hi Bubbles!!!

Why do we torture ourselves, reliving these horrendous tales?????? :shock: :shock: The spider on the glass would have tipped me right over the edge - I'd be walking around with a vallium drip, and talking to my other self :shock: :? :? :lol:

Bet you're glad you got the cats :wink::wink:

Lynn xxxx

It tipped me out of bed, that's for sure! Good job it was a long while back or I would be still on the floor, shrieking. Poor OH was soaked in Ribena, room looked like a scene from a horror movie in its own right.
    The cats are an ideal early warning system that the room must be vacated.