Patella OA ONLY!.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 4. Apr 2010, 06:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Right you lot, answer me this, has anyone on here got OA of just the kneecap or caps?, no knee OA just the kneecaps, and if you do how flippin painful does it get?.
I only ask as my OC health Doctor can’t seem to work out why I have pain with this type of OA!?, the man is doing my head in, last visit he ended up trying to tell me in his view I shouldn’t have pain with this type of OA, I asked him well if that’s the case then why does nature make us with cartilage on the backs of our patella’s, this question was never answered?.

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mel
    Sorry not really much help....I havent got OA there thank goodness....but I would imagine that you would have pain if you have OA in any joint

Love
    Hileena
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Mellman,

The more I hear about your company the more disgusted I am. How can an OT say with a straight face that you shouldn't be in pain?

I am sure AC have some leaflets maybe you could get these and take them in?

What they are doing to you is nothing short of bullying!

Anne
  • 09angel11
    09angel11 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi
    My husband had it in his joint behind the kneecap, he was in absolute agony, he had his replaced, so how you are feeling, well the pain , i do not like to think. So sorry. :(
    I hope they will do something soon for you.

Take care

Monica :)
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Right you lot, answer me this, has anyone on here got OA of just the kneecap or caps?, no knee OA just the kneecaps, and if you do how flippin painful does it get?.
    I only ask as my OC health Doctor can’t seem to work out why I have pain with this type of OA!?, the man is doing my head in, last visit he ended up trying to tell me in his view I shouldn’t have pain with this type of OA, I asked him well if that’s the case then why does nature make us with cartilage on the backs of our patella’s, this question was never answered?.

Me......agony isn't it? :cry:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thanks you lot, sorry to ask but I keep questioning myself and him keeping on isn't helping things, the biggest problem I have is flares, I'm preaty good when they arn't with me but when they are it's horrible, makes me feel really sick, I have go to go back and see the consultant next week by order of the company doctor in his words"to see if anymore can be done", c**** last time I saw him he told me no chance to young he also said on a scale of 1-10 I am 6 in left kneecap -7 in right and 10 is when they operate.
    C***** it's like bloody ground hog day, it also gets worse, my company medical insurance wont cover the full consultation cost and we are also switching providers next month and they wont cover known problems so I'm not covered for an operation anyway, talk about a catch 22.
    And what the hell is the point of me having a double kneecap op if this place is closing in 2-3 years, totally mad.
    How I haven't had a nervous break down god only knows, most days I feel like I am living in one big lunatic asylem. :shock:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I can only sympathise Mell. If pain is on 6 and 7 then you are on your way up for an operation you just havent quite got there yet. So there is more pain to come.Will that keep your company satisfied? Youd think they would appreciate you getting to work most days.

I have just been diagnosed with oa in my foot and my surgeon was most sympathetic asking how I manage in so much pain. I am having an op sometime in Summer (no date yet).

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    I know what you mean :x
    They make you feel you are making all this up & its all in the mind :roll:
    I say give them the pain for a week see how they cope :x
    My guess is they wont
    Hang in there
    Maria
  • mellman01
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    I know what you mean :x
    They make you feel you are making all this up & its all in the mind :roll:
    I say give them the pain for a week see how they cope :x
    My guess is they wont
    Hang in there
    Maria

Ypur so right Maria I really question myself when my knees are good but fall into deep despair when they kick off, I have had a lot of comments from all sides at work, I am nearly burnt out with it.